My Death

My Death

A Chapter by Nessi Okami
"

The Preface of the book.

"

I’m sure everyone has wondered what happens after they die. Is there an afterlife? A Heaven or a Hell? Do those who have passed still wander the Earth, seen only by those with the most unique of gifts, or do they disappear forever? Before this day, I would wonder as well. Now I know that as peaceful as a passing may seem, it is never, ever the absolute end. There is an Afterlife, a Hell and a Heaven. And I have seen all three. I am Vanessa Trishen and I died at the age of fourteen. This is my story.

 

I knew I shouldn’t have taken the path. The old, heavily wooded and beaten path from Crosswood to our shabby country home. No one with a brain traveled in the backwoods of Rellton when the sun was any lower than the center of the sky. But I was young and stubborn, I didn’t care. I thought nothing and no one could ever hurt me. I thought I was invincible. So after school, I trudged my way through the tiny hole in the bushes behind the track and I started for home. I had no idea what was to happen next.

 

Now that I have time to reflect on it, I never heard him coming. I never heard his silenced footsteps creeping a few yards behind me. I never heard the tiny silver bullets slide into the barrel of the revolver he held. And I’m sure even the keenest of hearing couldn’t pick up the chuckle that escaped his lips as he grabbed me. I felt the rough, unrelenting hands lock around my arms. He yanked me backwards, deeper into the underbrush and covered my mouth. I tried to scream, but I had already been gagged. Though my arms and legs were still free, he held me in such an iron grip, it was almost impossible to move. His dry, rough hand caressed my cheek. Not in the gentle, tender gesture of a lover, but in the calm before the storm manner of a madman. I cringed at his touch and he slapped me hard, yelling a string of expletives in my ear. I fell to the ground and he pinned me to restrain my movement. As I looked into his eyes, I wondered what he was going to do to me. Rape? Murder? Torture? A combination? All the possible outcomes seemed torturous. Then I heard the gun click.

 

He laughed, straight out laughed, as he brought the barrel to my head. I felt the cold steel pressing against my temple and my breathing quickened, sped into a rapid and uncontrollable pace. I heard the subtle shuffle of the bullets inside the revolver. “Please.” I murmured against the gag, surprised I could barely make out the word. “Please, why do you want to kill me?” I closed my eyes and waited for a reply. Three whispery words echoed through the forest that evening and they still echo in my nonexistent mind until this very day.

 

“Because I can.”

 

He pulled the trigger.



© 2011 Nessi Okami


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Ah, very mysterious indeed. You capture the reader from the beginning, and it just keeps going. I love beginnings like this, it leads up and gets you goings, and then your left at the end with a million questions and the only way to get the answers is to keep reading.

A wonderful way to start a story, Defiantly not what I expected from the title, but great none the less. No doubt that I will be reading more once you have it up.

Cant wait,
Vinny~

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

72 Views
1 Review
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on July 24, 2011
Last Updated on July 24, 2011