Sunsets

Sunsets

A Poem by Moonie
"

~A scribble to get the muse to work again~

"
Most moments would be devoured
by the tea-pink sky, or a symphony
as tiny as time.
Tell me, my love, do you still remember
swimming in cotton candy clouds,
and salt storms,
staring at the grand sunsets, and
talking in crazed, berry-sweet tongues
about things that couldn't matter less?
And had I been young still,
today's damask sky would clutch
at my peach dress
and beg me to stay.
But unlike the sunsets,
I grow old and frail
with time, and with time,
the sunsets too lose their loveliness.

© 2021 Moonie


Author's Note

Moonie
I got the expression "tea-pink" from a type of tea recipe originating from the Indian subcontinent (mostly Kashmir) called the "Noon Chai" (literally meaning "Salt tea"). It is a tea prepared with tea leaves, a pinch of salt, and some baking soda. And yes, it's salty, and of course, pale pink in color. It's absolutely delicious too!

Damask- used to denote the fabric (a lustrous cloth with a satin weave design), the color (which is a dark shade of rosy pink), and the damask rose (known for its heady fragrance, the distillate of which is used in the perfume industry)

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

It is wondrous when you find the key and unlock your muse. Every color and hue here is a magnificent glimpse of the deepest, sweetest memories as they fade into a gray mist... "Unlike the sunsets..." How that made me ponder the freshness of each day rising and passing before us.. new every morning... even as we all grow old in our loving.

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Moonie

5 Years Ago

Thank you so much for this stellar review! ♡♡♡
An owl on the moon

5 Years Ago

Just always glad to see you here! :)



Reviews

A very enchanting poem laden with wondrous imagery and tasteful treats. A feast of lovely things you portray to your muse.

Posted 3 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Moonie

3 Years Ago

Thank you so much!
Sami Khalil

3 Years Ago

You are welcome ...
Dear friend,
Its such a beautiful picture of sunset that you have painted. And mark my works writers like you are actually as beautiful as sunsets, your words never grow old, they keep you alive etched in the minds of your readers.


nazia

Posted 5 Years Ago


dear Moon-let, fairest daughter... my mother, now she rests in peace, would
paint a damask rose soft tea pink sky as tiny as time, on China plates...
adding violets with delicate green leaves, or many other flowers to
serve her guests at tea time, a treat for berry sweet tongues.
I find that my sunset years bring tears of memories with tangerine sunsets
and love is even sweeter. Your poetry is placed on a shelf where my
favorite books reside side by side. truly, Pat


Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Moonie

5 Years Ago

Thank you so much for the poignant words! I am happy you liked this little scribble. ❤
Ah as we let ourselves step over the threshold of antiquity we lose out identity, our vitality, our lust for life and all its fruits. Love the stanza:
'And had I been young still,
today's damask sky would clutch
at my peach dress
and beg me to stay. '
Beautiful depiction of femininity ready to surrender.

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Moonie

5 Years Ago

Thank you so much for the review! Really appreciate it!
..........I have no words......my voice is in my awe!! This is an absolute gem of a poem, if ever I read one! Well freaking done!!

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Moonie

5 Years Ago

Thank you so much!
emipoemi

5 Years Ago

my pleasure.
This was wonderful. There was so much meaning laced into these words. Weaved together in order as such made the message beautifully painted. I love the imagery in this piece. Moments are devoured by time. Maybe it is why moments, such as these, are worth the memory, to savor. It's like the moon. Once it sits at its height in the sky it is most luminescent. Yet, once the wane effect happens, we are left with the memory by dawn. Very beautiful piece. Great read, my friend.

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Moonie

5 Years Ago

Thank you so much. I greatly appreciate your words!!
Laurierose

5 Years Ago

No problem!
i love it. as they say, growing old is not for the faint of heart. oh to be young again when "things that couldn't matter less?". as they also say, too bad youth is wasted on the young. loved the descriptive imagery and word choices. long live the muse ... :)

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Moonie

5 Years Ago

Thank you so much for the review!
Amazing use of words and thoughts. You made me understand the journey of life.
"I grow old and frail
with time, and with time,
the sunsets too lose their loveliness."
I believe we can still see the beauty, maybe appreciate more. Thank you my friend for sharing the amazing poetry.
Coyote

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Moonie

5 Years Ago

Thank you so much for your stellar review! Muchly appreciated!!
Coyote Poetry

5 Years Ago

You are welcome my dear friend. I do love this poem.
If that's a scribble to get your muse working again, then I'm def looking forward to more pieces by you!
I love the imagery you used here, and while the subject matter touches the heart, it is still pleasing to the mind's eye. I've always been more fascinated with sunsets but ah, your last line holds true too...
Lovely writing.

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Moonie

5 Years Ago

Thank you for your visit, and being so kind with words. Everyone loves sunsets, and there are so man.. read more
Ahhh, what a lovely scribble this is! I'd say the muse is working again :) I love all poems about the sun / sunsets.....soon I will spend a chuck of time on the beach and the plan to write some poetry, calling it "A month full of sunsets"....

I love your "tea-pink" expression, as well as damask......If the safety situation in Kashmir improves, I'm sure to visit the place where that tea originates from :)

Great poetry :)

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Moonie

5 Years Ago

Thank you so much for your kind words!

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

354 Views
14 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 3 Libraries
Added on February 20, 2019
Last Updated on May 15, 2021
Tags: Sunsets, rose, damask, dusk, time, poem, poetry

Author

Moonie
Moonie

About
If you're a dreamer, come in If you're a dreamer, a wisher, a liar A hope er, a pray-er, a magic bean buyer, If you're a pretender, come sit by my fire For we have some flax-golden tales to spin .. more..

Writing
Dark things Dark things

A Poem by Moonie


August August

A Poem by Moonie



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


He will be... He will be...

A Poem by Gee