4. First Time Since Sophomore Year

4. First Time Since Sophomore Year

A Chapter by Naomi
"

Jared and Kyle invite Haven to a party and Haven agrees.

"
I woke due to a loud knocking on my door. As I heard it, I shot up and I knew I must have looked like a deer in headlights. I felt stupid as I yawned and rubbed my eyes, then I looked over at my new pink alarm clock. It was 9:21PM. I'd taken a four hour nap in the middle of the day. I knew it was probably just jet-lag but I pinched my lips together in guilt. I was here to help Cynthia and Dad and here I was sleeping all day. Suddenly, I remembered the person at the door and I stepped up from the bed, looked in the mirror I put up on the wall, and fixed my hair. After I was presentable, I went to my bedroom door and opened it slowly. The light coming from the hallway blinded me for a second and I held my arm over my face, defending my sleepy eyes until they adjusted.

"Haven?" The guy at the door asked.
I moved my arm and squinted. It was Jared, the guy who lived down the street, with his older brother Kyle.
"Oh, Hi." I said, my voice cracking around the edges a bit. "I kinda fell asleep.."
Jared chuckled as he reached his arm up to scratch his head a little. I couldn't believe it. This good-looking boy in front of me was nervous talking to me. I felt flirty-Haven lock into place. 
I leaned my arm against the door and bit my lip as I waited for Jared to speak again. Talk to me, I thought, annoyed a teeny bit.
"We know you fell asleep. I could hear you snoring from downstairs...I mean, not that I was trying to listen for you or anything I just--" He paused and took a small breath before trying again. "That was a joke. Sorry. Kyle and I just wanted to know if you wanted to go to this party tonight. Not much funny business. Just an end-of-quarter party by Lake Silver. It's about twenty minutes away and you're Dad doesn't care if you go. Cynthia says you have no choice actually. She said she knows you never go out anymore and that we should drag you out by your feet."
I glared at Jared. 
"Don't shoot the messenger." He said, raising his arms and chuckling softly.
I nodded and held up my index finger. 
"Just give me a minute." I said as I rolled my eyes and shut my door.

I went through my entire dresser before I settled on an outfit. My ex-bestfriend Lydia had bout me the skirt for my birthday and I had found the tank-top for a great deal at the mall. The tank was a Tiny Heart's tank. It was all white except for a large black heart around the chest-area. The skirt was a full lace skirt that stopped about seven inches above my knees. I topped it all off with thick black headband, a leather wristband, and a pair of ballet flats. I looked into my mirror again and frowned. I looked like Old-Haven. Old-Haven was fun and cutesy, all of the things I haven't been in years. I'd only been in Florida five or six hours and already I was dressing like her again. I shrugged the thoughts off my shoulders. It was one night. One party. Nothing was going to happen tonight.
~
I lied. A lot happened tonight. Even as I snuck my way back up to my room, I can't believe I went out with Jared and Kyle. I felt woozy and I knew I'd be hungover in the morning. My stomach felt bruised and wicked. I rushed upstairs to the bathroom as quick as I could manage when I felt my stomach. I knew this feeling well. I leaned over the porcelain toilet and felt the horrible feeling I'd felt earlier in the airport. How did I get sick twice in one day? I pondered at this even though I knew the answers as I wiped my mouth clean with a folded napkin. I stumbled into my new bedroom as I painstakingly bit my tongue over and over. I couldn't feel it. The feeling was weird and alien. I hadn't been this drunk in such a long time.
I threw myself onto the bed and groaned, remembering what I'd done. I had tried to kiss Jared behind a tree. He had backed away and that's when I decided that this guy just wasn't worth it. So I had slid into the passenger seat of this guy's car. I couldn't even remember his name. I remember making out with him so he'd give me a ride home. He ended up dropping me off about six blocks away from Dad's house...so of course, I got lost trying to find my way.
I felt tears rise in my eyes as I thought about what I had done to get a ride. Maybe all my morals where cliche and unimportant to me now. What was wrong with me? I spent the rest of the night with tears in my eyes as I bawled myself into sleeping.


© 2011 Naomi


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I love it. I can relate, I shouldn't but I do. Can you please write some moree??

Posted 12 Years Ago


A lot of events in the chapter. I like her internal thoughts and feeling guilty and sick for abusing her body and mind. No weakness in this chapter. Just open the door to many questions that she must answer. A outstanding chapter.
Coyote

Posted 12 Years Ago


Interestin, not as good as the other chatpters but still really good!!!:)

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

249 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 11, 2011
Last Updated on November 11, 2011
Tags: Haven, love, teen, party


Author

Naomi
Naomi

Somewhere :P, IL



About
My name is Naomi. I've been writing since I was six or seven. I have another account, Naomi233, but I kinda stopped going on it a while ago. Anyway, I hope you enjoy my writing. (: table table ta.. more..

Writing
Bloody Angel Bloody Angel

A Poem by Naomi


Warning. Warning.

A Poem by Naomi



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Lost Lost

A Poem by MusicLove93


Too Long Ago. Too Long Ago.

A Poem by Naomi


1. How I Lost Love 1. How I Lost Love

A Chapter by Naomi