The Dawning Of All Trials

The Dawning Of All Trials

A Chapter by Namaa Hammond

Flames scattered savagely on the cold blood-red grounds of Mayi Sano on October 23rd, 1689. A woman dressed in white grieved for the loss of her second eternal soul, and another was fighting the fight of a warrior to stop the burning flames. The stake held a woman dressed in black, leaving her limp arms sore. A malignant priest stood up on a black onyx stone as the woman cursed for her old soul. Vowing and swearing, his head held up high to the lies of the spirituality in his blinded eye. Bestowed, she whispered a curse in her enemy's ebony eye. Holding the hands of the darkest night, she screamed as the flames reached her knees. 

"Witch! Witch!" The crowd of Tritans seemed quite amused and the pain was not appeasing. The fire kept going and it was not going to stop. Slowly and painfully, the burning sensations attacked each limb and every piece of her skin. The pain radiated throughout her bones as she released a scream of doom and misery. 

The Tritans were a mass group of people whom have sailed all the way from the Eastern island near Mayi Sano, called Trinity, to seek strict, yet brutal religious tolerance. Trinity was a peaceful island that had such a low population, that no one could keep up with the livestock or living situation. The Tritans already had a set lifestyle of strict commitment to God and religion, that they were punished for anything as small as falling asleep in church, or stealing food.

The fear of Satan was indeed the greatest worry of the Tritans. They knew all the witches of Mayi Sano whom have dealt with magic also dealt with Satan, therefore pastors or governors of the Tritans in Mayi Sano would immediately burn them during a witch trial.

"Hail King Vile! Burn the gardens of Mayi!" The futile audience of Tritanists kept chanting these words of nonsense! The fire had now reached her lungs, cutting off her breath for she cannot crawl or beg on her knees and hands. In the crowd of ashes she knew that she was damned to hell. 

The King bowed upon the raging red skies and the smoke rose higher. The scent of burning flesh had given the enemy of thunder a chance, a right to steal the night. The man whom said he was a man of God had that right. The woman was now blinded and all she could hear were chants, and more screams. Only two significant voices screamed in agony for the loss of their flightless witch sister.

The Pastor knew he was born to rage and die as the clouds now roared over top Mayi Sano. He poured his poisonous holy water into the last of the witch and drenched it with the blood that was still burning. 

"Curse ye faith! Curse ye soul! Forsaken thy fumes with destiny that control! Fog of black smoke overcast thy sand! I am now King of the exiled land!" Those were the last words she heard. The Priest spit out more ludicrous nonsense and it angered her to come back for revenge. The ashes were no longer preserving and the wind collected the shedding flesh and bones. The world was now black and it spun in infinite circles, the woman looked down only to realize that she had grown a pair of black wings, as black as the night.

As she landed onto a peaceful river she jumped out of the water and made it to the land. Shaking off the water, she was confused. Is this heaven? Or is this hell? Looking down again to her wings she attempted to fly, but stood still. Why can I not fly? I have wings?

"Because you need to earn them, Nyx." A dark, disembodied voice spoke from behind her. Before she could turn around a cacodemonic figure touched her flightless wings, and before she could speak, his black cloak was hovered over her head. Nyx woke up on the outside of a window sill able to breath fresh oxygen again.



© 2014 Namaa Hammond


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

249 Views
Added on October 24, 2014
Last Updated on November 19, 2014