One Drop

One Drop

A Chapter by Ngai
"

Times like these i smile with the sky.

"

One Drop

One drop is all it took to bring the land back to life. Magnificent is the power of the creator. Who gave me a taste of his love for me. with just a drop he has cured me of all my thirst and set me free from the bondages of this dryness in which I found myself.


Imagine how rusty I was becoming, my every movement brought along with it a loud screech. I would find myself operating like an old hard drive processor.  My thoughts were those of someone who had never seen the outside of his eyelids and I spoke of outdated memories.

In one drop it all changed! There I was lying in the desert, left for dead, brought there by my own decisions and my hallucinations got the better of me. I was surely going to die or swallow sand and choke to death, until I felt it, that one drop of water from above.  I was lying on my back and my eyes were staring at the sun, bloodshot. So many memories ran through my mind. I remembered a time when I wasn’t so dry, when I shined like stainless steal, a time when my processor was the most efficient and latest model out. I couldn’t swallow any saliva, it was all dried up and I was in my last minutes. I can down like a feather from a pigeon flying above me. it landed on my tongue and I will never forget the taste of it. The taste of life.


From what I thought was the end I saw a new beginning , if I could get a drop like this now who said I wouldn’t catch more? It was a possibility I believed in. In-fact it was belief that kept me going. I believed ever since that day that there was a God out there who loved me, kept me alive,  renewed me. He sent me this drop of water and only Lord knows what it has to go through to get to me.

It’s Love, Life  is love without hate, it’s persistence and I will persist until I get to where I need to go. I’m okay and I will be.  Forever will I remember what kept me alive and preserved; THAT ONE DROP FROM THE HEAVENS.



© 2013 Ngai


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

136 Views
Added on October 29, 2013
Last Updated on October 29, 2013


Author

Ngai
Ngai

Windhoek, Khomas Region, Namibia



About
I'ma full time student . part-time teen. part-time musician. Part-time writer but Full Time 'thinker' so I put all my ideas down. I'm a quick learner so if you have any writing skills and tacticts to .. more..

Writing
Mi Drive Mi Drive

A Poem by Ngai


Closed Eyes Closed Eyes

A Poem by Ngai


Think So Think So

A Poem by Ngai