Wordless Poetry; Ode to Confidence

Wordless Poetry; Ode to Confidence

A Poem by Nish Nish the Fish

I want to contort my body in such a way, to express my stiffness.


I want to show someone the delicate, glass-like nature of my voice, without speaking to them.


I want to show someone the warmth of my physical embrace, without touching them,

And I want them to soak in the enormous amount of happiness that I’ve collected, without ever letting them see me smile.

 

I want someone to shudder in my presence, because I have the world to offer.

 

I want them to see the sparkling crystals in my eyes that could light up a black hole, even while I’m sleeping.

 

I want to ensure someone of my stunning beauty that illuminates on the darkest of Halloween nights, while I’m wearing the scariest of masks.

 

I want someone to be aware of my artistic potential, even when my canvas is blank,

 

And I want them to know the rainbow of colors in my life, although the shirt i'm wearing is white.

 

I want people to see the flower buds that blossom with my touch, keeping in mind my lack of experience in maintaining a garden.

 

I want to think I’m pretty without being called self absorbed.

I want to feel confident without being considered as insensitive.

I want to be nice without being accused of my so called innocence.


I want to believe in science without being told that I’m going to hell.

I want to love life without being questioned about my hidden sorrows.

I want to promote peace without being called a hypocrite

 

And, I want to write a poem, without using any words.

 

 

© 2011 Nish Nish the Fish


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Wow, this is An amazingly written metaphor that edifies the reader with inspiring effects,
I for one feel uplifted after absorbing the motivating imagery and the sense of taking control of destiny
knowing that happiness can be achevied when looking at possiblities with a positive perspective.
thanks for sharing your talent Nish

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

This poem makes me want to smile =]
If everyone would just act themselves then the world would be such a better place to live wouldn't it? But alas, people fear to do so because they might be put out of place. Believe me I've been there. But leaving aside that I think what you had in this piece really does make you proud. You know, like your saying "I am who I am. Take it or leave it"
I admire your courage to be that way.
Great work =]

Posted 14 Years Ago


A deep and stunning abstract self prtrait of being accepted for who your are and nothing less or more. To be accepted, without having your motives questioned for the things you do, feel or say. You are a giving person that knows their own self worth and value. You view the impossible as possible. Your realize the world is a mirror and it reflects the image you bestow upon it. Brillantly written.

Posted 15 Years Ago


this was amazing. beautiful. incredible. totally and completely awesome. i love this.

Posted 15 Years Ago


Wow..I don't think there are words to say.
Thank you. Thank you for writing this and making me see myself clearer.
This is absolutly incredible.


Posted 15 Years Ago


This was such a captivating poem! I think this is what everyone should want from themselves. It's sometimes hard to achieve what you've outlined for us, but all things are possible.

Ahh, this poem was great. Keep on writing!
~Lauen

Posted 15 Years Ago


wonderful... simply wonderful... almost pure, but layers and layers of depth with twists and turns... i cant quite put my finger on this poem. Captivating, draws you in... makes one think hard and smile to ones self almost sadly or in pity of themselves. Absorbing in every way... a true mine of thought and rainbow colours contrasting with each other... in short; a damn well awesome poem! :)

Posted 15 Years Ago


i love it SOOO much! AMAZING poem! keep up the great work!!!

Posted 15 Years Ago


I LOVE this poem! Seriously, it really got to me. It is so real and honest and I don't know what, but it sure is something. 5 stars. No, 6.

Posted 15 Years Ago


This was beautiful. I just... I don't know exactly what to say. I think this is how everyone wants to feel and you put it in words that I don't think others could have. It had so much depth (at least to me) that only gifted poets can put into their writing I'm sorta in awe. Just beautiful. I can't stop saying that.

Posted 15 Years Ago


this is going straight in my favorites.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1482 Views
30 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on August 3, 2009
Last Updated on July 10, 2011

Author

Nish Nish the Fish
Nish Nish the Fish

Kansas City, KS



About
I feel this deserves an update..seeing as i'm no longer 16 ;) Well, of course i still love writing poetry, I'm actually in a poetry class right now! It's dandy.. I like the color red, alot. I C.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


I Run Away I Run Away

A Poem by Rain