The Unspoken Sadness

The Unspoken Sadness

A Poem by Kelly Scheppers

The Unspoken Sadness

photography by / Mecuro B. Cotto

 

 

Could Byron

or Shakespeare

paraphrase the lucidity

the thundering palpitations of my heart,

the unspoken sadness

of opportunities lost

in wait.

 



© 2024 Kelly Scheppers


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Superb language, beautiful echoes. You know how to put what you feel, dear Kelly and do so perfectly.
The exit from here enters sunlight, thanks to you.

Posted 4 Days Ago


Kelly Scheppers

17 Hours Ago

Thank you, Em. I deeply appreciate you being here!
emmajoygreen

17 Hours Ago

Your'e welcome, tis brief yet - special
I was searching for help online on how to get my ex husband back whom we got divorced 5 months ago and i came across so many testimonies on how this wonderful man called Dr Kala help them to get back their loved ones, restore broken marriages and relationship issues and also put an end to ongoing divorce cases. I quickly contact him on the email that was provided on the comment and explain my problem to him and he did a nice job by helping me to get my divorced husband back within 48hrs.. I never believe that such things like this can be possible but now i am a living testimony to it because Dr Kala actually brought my husband back to me, If you are having any relationship problems and marriage issues or going through a divorce why not contact Dr Kala for help via email: [email protected] or WhatsApp him on +2347051705853 to help you solve your problem and i promise you that after 48 hours you will have reasons to celebrate like me.

Posted 5 Days Ago


Kelly Scheppers

5 Days Ago

Thank you, Emily!
Perhaps sadness is best left unspoken. Gather it in ... wallow in it ... let it simmer for a while then kick it in the a*s , slap a smile on your face and go at it again.

Well done Kelly.

I quite like this one

Posted 6 Days Ago


Kelly Scheppers

5 Days Ago

I try writing with an ode to some of our classics from time to time. I can only hope to be as remem.. read more
Damn girl, this is exquisite. Perfect. Evocation of mad George, master Will sets the tone and then you simply launch it out of the stadium and into the stratosphere.


Posted 6 Days Ago


Kelly Scheppers

5 Days Ago

I need your kind of magic...I really do! Thank you so much for making my day!
This is exquisite poetry, Kelly, short but exquisite. :)

Posted 6 Days Ago


Kelly Scheppers

5 Days Ago

Hello, Tim! How are you? What a pleasure seeing you. Thank you so much for being here!
Kelly - we must that God that our memories, at times, aren't as good as we would like them to be. I shudder to think of the untold sadness I have brought to those I loved and still love. Thankfully there is such a thing as forgiveness and in so many instances I have been given it.

Take care - Dave

Posted 1 Week Ago


Dave

6 Days Ago

For all the beauty you have given us it easy to give back kindness.
Take care - Dave
Kelly Scheppers

6 Days Ago

...my heart is overwhelmed. What a lovely thing to say!
Dave

6 Days Ago

You are more than deserving.
Take care - Dave
Missed opportunities never come again and you have captured very poetically and superbly the regretful feelings left when we miss an opportunity. I console myself by thinking that whatever the opportunity was that it was not for me, if it was meant for me, I would not have missed it and that brings both comfort and consolation. Eloquently quilling, Kelley! Lovely work! Thank you for sharing...

Posted 1 Week Ago


Kelly Scheppers

6 Days Ago

Thank you most kindly, Marie!
Marie

6 Days Ago

Most welcome always, Kelly....
Powerful words...filled with emotions... nicely written

Posted 1 Week Ago


Kelly Scheppers

6 Days Ago

Thank you! Nice to meet you!
i doubt it but those two guys were pretty darn good at it.

Posted 1 Week Ago


Kelly Scheppers

1 Week Ago

I totally agree, Pete! Thank you!
dear Kelly... we are born with a Spirit yearning to be free...
perhaps by Decree. We were originally given Nature to help us Survive... Now we have Destroyed so much within a short Time. We need a Wake-up Call.
Only Poetry can resurrect our Heart. softly, Pat

Posted 1 Week Ago


Kelly Scheppers

1 Week Ago

Poetry can resurrect our heart. Absolutely. Thank God for that! Thank you, Pat!

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

222 Views
16 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 7, 2024
Last Updated on September 7, 2024

Author

Kelly Scheppers
Kelly Scheppers

San Diego, CA



About
I was never a pearl kind of girl... always wore jeans with holes in the knees. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


There There

A Poem by emmajoygreen


Slant Slant

A Poem by Ayvid N