Eleanor

Eleanor

A Chapter by Alex
"

Eleanor is having dinner with Michael's cousin, and her best friend; Cora. Eleanor has no idea that Michael is in town, and Cora and Michael are trying to keep it that way. Will Eleanor catch on?

"

 I sat at the table for a few moments looking down at the empty plate in front of me, I was still hungry; but I had to wait until I got to Cora's house. We were planning on having dinner together to talk about our pregnancies and all the other good stuff we normal talk about. Cora was a sweet girl, but got herself involved in the wrong guy; now she's going to be a single mother. I guess I am no better, expect my baby is going to have some sort of father figure in its life. It won't be the same as the real father, but I guess I can't be too picky. I got up off the bar stole and went to the sink, I washed off my plate. I looked around in the empty kitchen, I liked the emptiness. It made me think, I walked up stairs to my room to take a shower and get dressed.

I stood in the shower letting the hot water run down my back, it felt really good. My back had been hurting so bad lately, I was so stressed out about everything. I knew I wasn't aloud to have any contact with Michael, but shouldn't I tell him something about his baby. I know that legally I had to, I couldn't keep it from him. Would he give up his parental rights? Would I want him too? What would Trevor think if he found out that it wasn't his? Or did he already know? My mind was spinning, I couldn't keep up with all my thoughts. I heard the phone ring. I shot off the water and ran to get the phone. I picked it up just in time.

“Hello,” I said into the phone.

“Hey, I can't make it tonight, Ell,” Trevor said sheepishly.

“Its okay, not like me and Cora can't bond together without you!” I smiled and laughed a little.

“Are you sure you're okay with it? My boss wants me to come over and help him set up his wife's bird feeders. She has a whole bunch of them,” Trevor growled.

“Yeah, I am positive! Its good that you are feeling out your boss!” I smile again, “but, I should probably go get dress and start heading over their soon.”

“Yeah, it is getting pretty late. I guess I will see you when we both get home,” Trevor chuckled, “I love you, Eleanor.”

“I love you, too, Trevor!” I hung up the phone.

I stood their for a moment, then put the phone up. I got dressed and stood in the doorway of the living room looking at all the pictures and stuff. I couldn't wait to get all of this over with, I turned around and walked out the door. I got in my car and drove to Cora's house.

Cora and I met through Michael, we were the best of friends when me and Michael first got together. We talked about everything to each other, one of the many reasons when she got pregnant she moved out here closer to me. Cora's mother doesn't think that she has made all the right choices in her life and will not take her in. Cora's husband left her after he found out about the baby, so I told her about my little secret and we figured that we would have each other to help get through our awful messes. Cora has always wanted to stay wild, young, and free; but I haven't exactly decided yet on what I want to stay or be. Its going to be pretty hard with a baby on the way to even figure out who I want to or have to marry.

I pulled in her drive way and she was sitting on the porch with her notebook in her hand. Cora's house was a cute single mother house, it fit her personality really well. The color was a odd blue and the house kinda newer then most, but the windows all had empty flower beds. The porch was painted a crazy green, she had a horse barn built inside her house with just on stall. Cora and that horse were like sisters, they were always fighting, but they were meant for each other. She also had a porch swing that is made out of fake wood, which makes it comfy to sit on. I smiled and got out of my truck Cora looked up and smiled at me, I went over and sat down beside her.

“Hello, cowgirl,” I said and she punched my shoulder, “whats cooking?”

“A bun in the oven!” Cora yelled as she slammed her book shut and we went inside, “have you figured out when we are going to go riding again?”

“Soon, I promised you, didn't I?” I laughed and got up on her kitchen counter and sat down.

“When are we going to start showing? I hate this! Nobody believes me that I am actually pregnant,” Cora was the one that nobody would believe would be getting pregnant without a man in her life.

“I wouldn't know, I don't care, I hate this morning sickness s**t though!” I grumbled, “I had to tell Trevor that I was pregnant because I was throwing up after he got home.”

“I thought you had that s**t on a schedule?” Cora giggled and looked back at me.

“I did, I must of ate something that didn't settle right,” I watched her closely as she cooked.

“I know how you feel, I had to get rid of the purse my mom bought me for my birthday last year because I was in my car and I couldn't pull over to throw whatever the baby didn't like,” Cora laughed as she started cooking something good smell in the oven.

“That's too bad! I loved that purse!” I yelled as I heard a crash up stairs, “what was that?”

“I don't know, I will go and check,” Cora looked at me funny for a minute.

Cora disappeared out of the kitchen and I sat on the counter looking around at everything, when I looked in the sink and saw something that I haven't seen in months. I slide off the counter and went over to the kitchen sink, I picked up the horses coffee mug and looked at it closely. Wasn't this the mug that I got Michael for Christmas? I looked at the bottom, there was something written on the bottom of it. I couldn't make it out, I opened the top of it. It smelt like the type of coffee Michael loves to drink. It couldn't be. I set it back down in the sink, I thought he ruined his. Did that mean he was here?

“Hey, I think a picture fell or something,” Cora laughed and stopped in her tracks she looked at the sink of dirty dishes I was just looking at, “what are you doing?”

“I like this coffee mug,” I smiled and picked it up to show her.

“Thanks, I picked it up at the Christmas Tree shop a month or so ago,” Cora smiled and checked the oven.



© 2014 Alex


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

69 Views
Added on January 20, 2014
Last Updated on January 20, 2014


Author

Alex
Alex

ME



About
I have always loved writing, it helps me get my emotions out. I am a very creative person, so writing and photography go hand in hand with me. more..

Writing
Eleanor: January Eleanor: January

A Chapter by Alex


Trevor: May Trevor: May

A Chapter by Alex


Michael: April 2010 Michael: April 2010

A Chapter by Alex