World's Greatest Actress

World's Greatest Actress

A Poem by Mad'sWorld

You’ve mastered the art of acting which, really is only two skills. It’s nothing but lying and putting yourself in the moment. You’re the greatest of them all. You know how to lie to yourself to make each moment a little more bearable. But that seems to be the issue, after awhile you can’t seem to bare yourself. You can’t remember which parts are really you and which parts you decided to change. Fake it until you make it is the most underrated statement of the century. The only way you made it is by faking key parts of what make you, you. Everyone wants to know how you make it through the worlds utmost pain. The answer; pretending it never happened. See you can’t cry about something that didn't happen but, then you seem to cry a lot more about the things that did. That’s what makes it hurt even more, the fact that you were to weak to even let it happen. You had to live in fairy tale land and pretend the monsters you were scared of weren’t loudly banging at the door, during your tea party that you couldn’t be bothered to step away from. You’ve always thought  that’s how you beat life, you don’t allow it to inconvenience you.The worst advice that you could give yourself.

You have to let things hurt. Let them bleed and sting. Let them destroy you so that when the smoke clears and there’s nothing but parts of you left but, somehow you seem to come back together. That's When they’ll know. They’ll know you’re f*****g invincible.  



Sincerely, You. The parts that are left.



© 2019 Mad'sWorld


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

65 Views
Added on January 9, 2019
Last Updated on January 9, 2019
Tags: self reflection, lying, acting, actor, actress, truth

Author

Mad'sWorld
Mad'sWorld

OH



About
I'm a 21 year old who just found her way back to the keyboard. figured it's cheaper than therapy. more..