CHAPTER 1

CHAPTER 1

A Chapter by Mothusi Mopie
"

Rightful Kill

"
CHAPTER 1

* * * * RIGHTFUL KILL * * * *
Two figures drifted quickly through he thigh forest, one leaped from one tree top to the next almost making no sounds at all while the other broke branches and left thick claw marks on the tree trunks. Ahead of them a deer ran through the trees panicking and occasionally tripped over rocks and fallen trees. the chase continued for close to three minutes until finally the animal that had maintained higher ground dropped heavily from the trees on the deer. It gripped the deer's neck almost effortlessly causing it to suffocate and die slowly. Shortly afterwards h second beast arrived and shoved the first angrily away from the now dead prey with it's large wolf body. The first wolf-like beast,with a thick matte black coat stood up on its hind legs and in a split second was holding his hunting partner by the neck against a tree. Derek, the ware-wolf who was currently having claws probed threateningly over his wind pipe shoved his Alpha Duma away almost gently to prevent any confrontation as he knew the black wolf could kill him with ease if he wanted to. Duma's red,alpha eyes glowed brightly and he looked straight into Derek's eyes. Derek's wolf form was slightly smaller than Duma's. He had bright blue eyes as did the other non-alpha wolves and brown fur with a distinct black line running over his back from the neck to the end of his tail. They had transformed into their wolf forms in order to go hunting for he pack. Normally half the pack would be out hunting but it was winter and food was quite scarce. Duma decided the pack would cause too much noise and scare the few animals that had not migrated and also they would just waste precious energy which they needed to defend themselves against a vampire attack. 

The wolves normally transformed while wearing their clothes to prevent having to walk around the forest naked when they turned back into humans. Derek's bones made cracking noises as he turned back to his human form,this was to show Duma that he had no intentions of fighting him and also to enable him to speak as they could only growl and howl when transformed,except for the alphas that is."Duma, that was my kill!" Derek said angrily to his leader. Duma did not bother to turn back into his human form and walked slowly towards the shirtless human figure that was confronting him and responded in a deep,nightmarish wolf voice,"You were too slow and you were running in circles with the deer. When will you learn to hunt with your mind and not your body?" Derek straightened his blonde hair brushing twigs and leaves off of it and responded,"I have my own ways of doing things and I keep telling you that those hippy nonsense ideas you have in your head do not apply to me."
With that Duma lunged towards him and pinned him to the ground with his strong wolf hands and 
said,"I elected you as my second in command because the pack seems to like you but everyday I lose patience with you!I am your alpha and i expect a certain level of respect from you."
Derek was afraid the large black beast that towered over him would end him with a simple swipe of his claws or a bite to the neck and so he remained quiet. Duma rose up and turned back towards the direction of their camp and said "I expect you will follow me with my kill. Make sure to hurry, the wolves are waiting" and with that he dashed almost soundlessly towards their home.


© 2015 Mothusi Mopie


Author's Note

Mothusi Mopie
FIRST CHAPTER
Please leave comments and tell me what you think. Hopefully I'm not off to a bad start.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

49 Views
Added on July 14, 2015
Last Updated on July 14, 2015
Tags: Acion, Thriller, Vampire, Ware-wolf, Romance


Author

Mothusi Mopie
Mothusi Mopie

Gaborone, Botswana



About
A writer in Gaborone Botswana. I'm currently working on a novel and some short stories. I mostly write Thrillers and Science Fiction. I also write a bit of poetry from time to time. more..

Writing