Envy

Envy

A Poem by Maile
"

I wrote this about someone close to me. The feelings have passed, but I still think it captured the moment I fell hard.

"

Envy

 

I envy many things, many people, and many feelings…

 

I envy the sun because it gets to light up your day and put the beautiful glint in your eye. That glint I know is there even though I never seen your eyes. The sun gets to wrap its light around you and keep you warm, something I long to do.

 

I envy your hair, the way it brushes against your cheek softly. A brush, a simple brush against your cheek. Something I wish to do with a gentle touch every morning. The way it enhances your beauty and encases your gorgeous face.

 

The wind, a gentle breeze lightly kissing your skin. An action I intend on doing when we lay together. A breeze, a whisper against your neck, a whisper of love and devotion. Breathe in your sent and push back out a warm promise to always love you.

 

The beautiful necklace along your collar. The fact that it lays there lifeless without cherishing its position, creates this jealousy within me. It takes a position like that for granted. This place, this sensitive and privileged place that I would kill to be. A place that I would lightly trace with a soothing finger.

 

An envious person I am of all these things that take there existence in your presence for granted. There is nothing I wouldn’t do for a moment, a second, a life time in their shoes. One day…One day I will…

© 2009 Maile


Author's Note

Maile
Ingore grammar please. I write how I speak.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

It's - rough and can get much better.
When you write try not to write how you think. Poetry, to me, is a different language and should be treated that way. I know you can do it, dispite what you may think.
"The fact that it lays there lifeless without cherishing its position," i like this line best. :D

Toodles. :]
If you have any questions or need help feel free to ask me. :D

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

It's - rough and can get much better.
When you write try not to write how you think. Poetry, to me, is a different language and should be treated that way. I know you can do it, dispite what you may think.
"The fact that it lays there lifeless without cherishing its position," i like this line best. :D

Toodles. :]
If you have any questions or need help feel free to ask me. :D

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

23 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on February 11, 2009

Author