Champion

Champion

A Story by Moraša Kouřil
"

Short text about the final trial of a champion.

"
He left to be a champion.
I begged to go with him, but he said 
"the path of a champion must be trod alone"

He stared into the eyes of no stranger. He stayed unrecognized as the shieldmaiden's sword came down on him. Stuck still as a statue the knight let the sword come down through his armor. There was no hesitation in her action. Through all the armor and the scars she didn't recognize him. As the painful realization washed over him he managed to dodge the incoming swing of the blade. 
CLANK
Sounded around as the sword cut into the ground. He wanted to scream, to fit words in between her fierce strikes, but he couldn't remember her name. No part of her was the same. Only a spark in her eyes, that was now burning anyone who dared to look into them.
SWOOSH
Came a thrust towards his chest. There was no blood, only cracked armor, yet he could feel the pain deep inside his heart. His body finally snapped, it wanted to survive. Unlike his fragile mind, his body felt no crippling guilt.
As she raised her arms as if to finish him, he spilled her guts with one single cut. Spread on the ground the grass turned red and the spark was to fade. She realized her defeat and with her last breath she turned to look the winner in the eyes.
Whether they were just his guilty delusions or whether she recognized the man he once was to her, will forever be unknown to our champion.
Till this day, visions of his final battle haunt him.
His own bloodline ended with one cut.

© 2024 Moraša Kouřil


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Interesting writing. Enjoyed reading

Posted 1 Month Ago


Moraša Kouřil

1 Month Ago

thank you!
Arundass TP

1 Month Ago

Welcome friend 😊

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

52 Views
1 Review
Added on August 11, 2024
Last Updated on August 25, 2024

Author

Moraša Kouřil
Moraša Kouřil

Brno, Czech Republic



About
I need a place to put it all together. So why not share it as well? more..

Writing