A Puzzle From The Past

A Puzzle From The Past

A Poem by PoeticFury
"

Its okay to know exactly where we are now, but I would be telling you a lie if I didn't believe in saying that its just as important to know where we come from. To remember where we come from.

"
Shattered puzzle pieces of the distance memories that's a reminder of what once was.
Not just because I didn't like putting these broken paperboard fragments together, but due to the fact that my farther gave it to me it was hard to keep up with my older cuz.

We would all eventually finish, yet looking deep at my puzzle the one in my chest matched the one on my floor which was my heart while the hole inside was filled with mud.

The same mud that was slung out of the ground where my face was left and that puzzle too had a hole where I thought I could place it all together but instead it became brim with blood. I gated the idea of love. Fourteen years ago to the day of August 23, 2005 that I can't deny.

Simply because the word good males absolutely no sense in goodbye. I hated the idea of love so much because we exchanged puzzle pieces known as the heart that initiated with the word hi; introducing one self to each other therefore  I had nothing to hide during states of confusion next to me you stood side by side. All I really wanted to do was take the time to apologize thinking that the pain that I know may have not compared to yours would somehow subside.

Like my home that was under water tears put one of us under too. A flood and glitch that broke the nexus. I guess its true what they say. That everything is indeed bigger than Texas. I know you have no idea that this is about you for true. Although hate you?? I don't... If given the chance to have it all back I won't .Being human means its good to know you are alive.

If it means anything to you at all I too am working on self peace. I just want to exchange pieces back. For me that means words. Forget the complications, suggestions, and questions, along with the things you think you know and heard. We all desire peace to not throw the past away, but to close it, and in order to do that one has to make peace.

"You said relationships are like a puzzle dad"
I promise to not keep anyone's pieces and make sure I leave no holes in mine.

© 2019 PoeticFury


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

36 Views
Added on March 21, 2019
Last Updated on March 21, 2019
Tags: Texas, Ga, Hurricane, Katrina, 2005

Author

PoeticFury
PoeticFury

New Orleans, LA



About
Heaven has no fury like a writer with emotion. I love writing more than I love life. Why? Cause writing is my life, and without it I have no life. I enjoy music, and meeting new people. Also like most.. more..

Writing
Black Black

A Poem by PoeticFury