The Queen's Death

The Queen's Death

A Chapter by MidnightBlood

The Darkless Kingdom

Cough...Cough

"Your highness, are you alright?!" said one of the maids.

Her highness look at her hands and saw dark red blood.

"I guess It's time. Gather the Royal Council." said Her highness.

"Yes your highness." said the servant.

A few hours later...At the throne room...

Her highness sat at the throne and looked at the Royal Council. The Royal Council was made up of 6 members that was loyal to the queen and that the queen herself trusts.  

"I gather all of you here today for only one reason and that is to choose the next successor of the throne." said Her highness.

The people look at each other in surprised.

"Your highness whatever do you mean?" said the first of the members.

"Your highness, you're still young and there's no need to retire." said the second.

"I know that all of you are surprised by my sudden words, but I don't have much time left." said Her highness.

"Are you talking about your illness? Your highness, you should get it healed by a priest. Please don't choose death." said the fourth.

"Your highness..." said the fifth.

"Unfortunately, I have no intention of living too long. I know that my illness can be cured but ever since I was born, I had a short life. I want to die with this illness that I had ever since I was born. Please do understand." said Her highness.

"But your highness, we don't want you to die and I'm sure that the people of this kingdom don't want to either. So please, I'm begging you your highness, don't choose death." said the third.

"It's no use. She's not gonna change her mind. As you all know, she's so stubborn." said the sixth.

"Keep your mouth shut!" said the first, angrily. "I'm sorry your highness please forgive her rudeness."

"Ha, ha, ha, ha! It's true I am such a stubborn queen, aren't I? There's no need to apologize. What she said was true." said Her highness. "Well, then. Who shall I pick for my successor?"

"Your highness, when you said that you're going to choose a successor, what do you mean by that? I mean, isn't your daughter going to be the one that will take your throne?" said the fifth.

"Are you saying that I can't pick my own successor?" said her highness.

"Well, no..I don't mean it that way.." said the fifth.

"The reason why I'm not choosing my daughter to succeed my throne is because I think she'll live a more happy life if she doesn't rule the kingdom and besides, if something were to happen to the kingdom, she's not strong enough to defend and rule the kingdom herself." said Her highness.

"I'm guessing that you're going to choose one of us to be the successor?" said the sixth.

"That's exactly right! And I already have someone in mind." said her highness with a smile."And I'm sure all of you will agree to my decision."

The Royal Council look at one another.

"Well, the sixth member of the Royal Council, have you changed your mind about being the next queen?" said Her highness.

Everyone knew that she was going to choose her and all of them agreed that she was fit to be the next queen of the Darkless Kingdom.

"I'm sorry, your highness but my answer has and will always be the same. I have to refuse." said the sixth.

"I knew you would say that but to think that you still refuse up to the point that my death is drawing near, you're not going to change your mind, aren't you?" said the queen with a sad face.

"I'm sorry." said the sixth.

'Don't think that I'll give up. I still have one more thing up my sleeves to make you take the throne with no choice and I've already done it." said Her highness, as she smiled again."And this time no matter how much you refuse or if you run away, you have the successor's requirements in you."

"Your highness you don't mean that..." said the first, with a surprise look on his face.

"That's right. Last night, when you were sleeping, I gave half of my powers to you and with the last of my powers, I combined the Royal Sword with your own sword. That way you have my royal seal in you." said Her highness.

The sixth gulped. "I didn't know that you would go that far but even if your seal is in me, I will still refuse. I plan to leave the kingdom, your highness."

Her highness was surprised but she knew that she was going to do that. "I see. Knowing my daughter, she'll probably come back here after hearing my death and she doesn't know you nor does she know anything of the Royal Council, since the council was made after she left the kingdom to go to a faraway land. I know that you guys have been loyal to me for this past 3 years and I won't be surprised if all of you leave the kingdom after my death. If you're going to that, I want all of you to know that you're always welcome to come back here for you guys are the people I trusts and hold dear most."

"Your highness..." said all six members. Everyone bent down before the queen and the first said, "Thank you for everything you've done for us. We will always remember you even if we choose a different path in life. Please rest in peace, my queen."

"Thank you for being with me this past 3 years. I will never forget the Royal Council even after my death." said Her highness, stepping down from her throne.

"Your highness, please give us your last order." said the first.

The highness looked at everyone and said with a warming smile, "Live the life your way and let no one stop you from doing what you want. Live a happy life!"

The Royal Council, all together said,"We will obey your orders until the very end."

That night, the queen died in her sleep and the Royal Council broke up and they left the kingdom, each going their own way.

2 years passed, and everything changed. The start of the story has just begun!



© 2013 MidnightBlood


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

110 Views
Added on June 2, 2013
Last Updated on June 2, 2013
Tags: mysterious, fantasy, love, adventure, magic


Author

MidnightBlood
MidnightBlood

Campbeltown, Australia



About
I love reading mangas and animes! I also love playing games that involves fighting and adventures... I hope you enjoy the stories I write!!! more..

Writing
Evil Evil

A Poem by MidnightBlood