Chapter 2

Chapter 2

A Chapter by Mell

           It was about 7am when I heard the bedroom door open. My daughter was coming in for morning cuddles. Oh I loved when she came in here and cuddled for a few minutes. She always crawled up over me and wedged herself between me and my husband, got under the blanket and just laid there looking at me. Till daddy woke up and then he was the favorite. After a few minutes of us all being up I decided it was time to get on with the day. I had the day off so I was going to make breakfast while they watched TV. Then I remembered my phone had a notification. I went back to the bedroom to see what it was.
          "I'm happy you responded!!!!!! The decision to contact you was one that I had thought very heavily about. I was not aware what you were told about this side of your family or if you would remember any of us. That is why I didn't know how comfortable/uncomfortable you would be with me contacting you. There is so much to get caught up on. Feel free to ask any questions that you may have. Are you living in MA still? I remember seeing one of your husbands post that mentioned you were living in Littleton. If so, we are not that far from each other. I live in Pepperell."
           I just looked at my screen for the longest time. I didn't know that much about the sperm donors side of the family. I always called him the sperm donor because I didn't think someone who walked away from their child deserved the title of father. This was really my uncle. I was hesitant on how to go about this. I had so many questions and I didn't know how to start asking. I was always curious about that side and why if sperm donor walked away why the rest of them did too. I mean hell it's been 18 years. Why now? Is someone dying or dead? I just had too many thoughts going through my head to respond right now.
          I looked up from my tablet and saw my husband on the floor with our daughter and couldn't help but smile. I loved watching them play. Nothing brought me more joy. My husband was a damn good father too. Sometimes I even had to fight him to do anything for our daughter. I decided to go make breakfast for them. Bacon, eggs and toast. As soon as I pulled the bacon out of the fridge I heard the sound of little feet running towards me. She was so adorable.
          Blonde curly hair that shined so bright in the sun random people stopped just to compliment me about her hair. Blue eyes the same color as the sky. She came up to my thigh. She was tall for her age, or maybe I was just too short. I'm only 5'2. Skinny little thing too. She just looked up at me with a smile so big I'm surprised her face didn't split in two. Oh the smile that made her get her way every time with me.
           After breakfast I decided to finally write back to Adam. This was just so bizarre to me. I never thought anyone would actually contact me. When I was 18 it's originally what brought me back up north. I wanted to just know why no one found me or even tried to reach out.
          "I'm glad you contacted me too. I've seen a few pictures at peoples houses but other than that I don't know much about anyone. I have however seen all the court documents. My mother actually just told me a little about you. I called her once you messaged me. She said you were very nice and tried to keep in contact a year after we moved to Florida. Yes I would love to get caught up. We do live in Littleton right now. I think I know where Pepperrell is. Like a few towns over I think. Well let's start with how have you been? And go from there. I do have a million questions I just don't know how to word or ask them."
          There, that should be good for a response, I thought as I looked at the screen. I'm not sure how to go about talking to your uncle that you haven't spoken to in 18 years. I didn't know if I should be my sarcastic bitchy self that I normally am or try to be all polite and give it time. I'm usually described as blunt, outspoken, bitchy - but in a good way - sarcastic, goofy woman. I'm not sure how that side of the family is. This is just too much thinking for a day off. Or at all in general. What did I care what they think of me?! I wanted to go spend time with my family.
          After about an hour of sitting on the floor playing together we finally picked what we were going to do today. We decided to go drive to Rhode Island and go to the mall. We wanted something different. It was while we were getting in the car that I heard the ding on my phone telling me I have a new message.
           "What is that dear?" My husband asked me.
           I looked at my phone quickly and saw it was another message from Adam.
          "Oh nothing baby. Let's just enjoy our day. My phone can wait till later"
          We started to pack up everything and get it all in the car. I never realized how much time it took to just get in a car and on the road once you have a kid. Usually took about 20 minutes. I was setting up her DVD, she decided on the Power Rangers movie. I was so proud, I got her into movies I grew up on. She got about 15 minutes into the movie before my husband started asking again about the notification.
          "You have that little wrinkle on your forehead when you're thinking. What's wrong Noel?"
          I loved how much he paid attention just as much as I hated it. "I just got a message from my uncle on my biological fathers side of the family, that's all."
          We never talked about my childhood or family before. So I knew he'd ask questions and wouldn't give it up. Well we have another 2 hours till we got to the mall. Might as well talk all about it. Maybe finally talking will be good for me.


© 2016 Mell


Author's Note

Mell
Excuse any grammar errors. This is the first time I have started a book. So wasn't sure how to start or end a chapter. Any feedback is welcome.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Melanie the story is going great... the best thing that is happening with your story is that it is keeping the reader interested...after each chapter the reader thinks about what will happen next with Noel, how will she reveal the story of the other part of the family.... you are going great.... the descriptions has been great in this chapter too... im excited to read the 3rd chapter.... full ratings.
..

Posted 8 Years Ago


Mell

8 Years Ago

Oh thank you. I'm having trouble now of where I want it to go. Do I want a tragic dark horrible past.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

64 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on March 11, 2016
Last Updated on March 12, 2016


Author

Mell
Mell

Acton, MA



About
My name is Melanie. I've always enjoyed writing but having such a tough time recently finding stuff to write about. Looking for some inspiration. more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Mell


Chapter 3 Chapter 3

A Chapter by Mell


Pandemonium Pandemonium

A Book by Mell