A Colorscape of You (GHH)

A Colorscape of You (GHH)

A Story by Meggy
"

This was sort of a challenge to myself. It's a nonfiction piece where I literally experienced everything the piece says. It was... interesting. I may make it a series of sorts.

"
I stare at you, memorizing your every feature. Your hair is flaxen, pale pollen, curling at the nape of your neck. Your eyes are a smoldering blue-grey. They are the color of the ocean in the middle of a storm. Long tawny lashes flutter, exquisitely framing the windows to your soul.

I study your skin, savor its deep peach coloring. As I observe, your cheeks flush, salmon-coral blush behind a smattering of ecru-tan freckles. I pause at your lips, you bite them self-consciously. A hint of Isabelline white peeks out at me, as you worry your lower lip between your teeth. Your lips turn from light scarlet to a deep, bitten pomegranate. They tempt me like the forbidden fruit, but I abstain for now.

You smile a shy smile, and ask me what I'm thinking. I give you only a grin in reply, before I close my eyes. A black void lies behind my lids, yawning into eternity. I reach out with a questioning hand, blindly stretching, knowing you will trust me.

My fingers first touch your hair, that gold dust of sandy-fine texture. As I run my fingers through, flashes of color pop behind my eyes. Your hair brings to mind splashes of sweet yellows: canary-butter-saffron-sunshine.

My fingers leave the warmth of your hair, journeying downward to find the soft skin of your eyelids. I imagine the stormy orbs beneath them, and take pleasure in the barely-there whisper of your lashes against my fingerprints. Shades of blue explode inside my brain; a periwinkle-indigo-cerulean splendor.

From there, my fingers traverse the strong lines of your nose, and the sharp contours of your cheekboons. I imagine I can feel the freckles sprinkled across your cheeks, a firework of tangerine amidst an umber waterfall.

Travelling further downward, I discover your lips, smooth, parting slightly at my touch. The void behind my eyelids is showered with reds and pinks: a sangria-raspberry-cherries jubilee rainstorm. I take in a sharp breath at the sensation.

When I finally pull away, I feel your knobby, assured fingers cup my chin and bring me closer still. Our lips meet in a passioned purple paradies. I welcome the lavender-rhubarb-violet explosions with a small sigh of pure pleasure.

© 2011 Meggy


Author's Note

Meggy
Any feedback would be appreciated!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

198 Views
Added on April 26, 2011
Last Updated on April 26, 2011

Author

Meggy
Meggy

Tallahassee, FL



About
I'm just a chick who likes to write. I like people to read what I write. That's why I'm here. more..

Writing
Raw Sienna Raw Sienna

A Poem by Meggy