Battling to Get Out

Battling to Get Out

A Chapter by Meghan Frederick

"Are you sure about this? Are you sure about leaving your family?" I asked Skyler as we packed our things into a suitcase.

"We need to get out of here. I don't want to put them in anymore danger," she huffed stuffing even more things into our bag.

"But you know they're all out there waiting for us to leave. They'll attack us as soon as we leave."

She zipped the final zipper and looked up at me smiling. "Dimitri, we'll be fine!" She wrapped her arms around me.

"How can you be so sure?" I mumbled into her hair loud enough for her to hear.

She looked up at me again. "Because I have you," she kissed my chin and smiled.

We heard someone open the door and in the doorway stood Artie.

"Are you two ready to go?" Artie asked as he folded his arms across his chest.

I looked down at Skyler and she nodded. "Yeah, we're ready," I faced Artie again and pulled myself away from Skyler. I walked over to our bed and picked up our suitcase. I had our bag in one hand and I placed the other in Skyler's. We smiled at each other before walking out of our door.

Everything in front of us had turned to chaos. Skyler's family were all running around the house throwing things, screaming, and crying. I placed our bag onto the ground and my mouth dropped open. I turned to Skyler and hers was open too in shock. Artie noticed us from across the room and tried to make his way toward us as quickly as he could.

"What's going on?" I asked him with my hand still in Skyler's.

"The demons have attacked us. They're all over the place!" he seemed out of breath.

"Are they inside?" Skyler asked.

"Not yet. But we all need to get out of here as quickly as I can because they'll probably get in any moment now."

"How? It's not like we have trasportation for all of these people!" I screamed over the noise.

"Yes we do," Skyler let go of my hand and walked away from us into the chaos.

I watched her walk up to an older gentleman and begin talking to him calmly. He had pepper like hair and a scowl on his face. He was actually kind of intimidating, but nothing like my father. They nodded and talked and used hand gestures. They gave one final nod in agreement, then Skyler stood up on the counter as the older man ran out the back door.

"Okay, everyone!" Skyler yelled, trying to get everyone to quiet down. Everyone stopped rushing around us and moved closer to her. "Uncle Tom has a bus that is on the farm. It can take all of us into the city. We can all stay in hotels and be safe there, because we are no longer safe here."

"But this entire family has grown up on this farm!" her grandmother yelled up to her over the crowd.

Skyler locked eyes with me. I breathed out before answering. "You will come back. After all this is over, you can come back to what you own. The relocation will only be temporary," I explained to Skyler's family.

Everyone took a second to register what was going on, then they began scurrying to their rooms to get their things. Skyler smiled at herself and tried to get off the counter. I hurried over to her and lifted her up by her hips and placed her in front of me. "Dimitri?" She whispered.

"Yeah, Sky?"

She looked up at me with a saddened face. "Why haven't you told me you loved me?"

We heard a honk come from outside, which was a good thing because I honestly had no idea how to answer her. Her family began to start pouring back into the living room carrying suitcases and other bags. Skyler turned away from me and faced her family. "The bus is outside. Everyone just quickly get inside the bus and get settled," Skyler announced.

Her Uncle Benny opened the door, and he and his wife were the first ones onto the bus. Skyler, Artie and I waited until everyone was onto the bus before we made our way outside. Once I stepped foot out of the house, the black mists began bashing through windows and screeching. A couple times I could hear my name being screamed out, either by the demons or Skyler. The wind had picked up and the dust was blurring my vision.

They were angry I was here. They were angry I was with the humans and still with Skyler.

I felt something cut into my side and go up into my ribs. It had taken the wind out of me. I fell onto the ground. Blood was pouring out of me and creating a puddle under me. Artie grabbed onto my good side and threw me into the bus. The double doors closed behind me and I heard crying before I passed out.


© 2013 Meghan Frederick


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

184 Views
Added on December 2, 2013
Last Updated on December 2, 2013
Tags: battle, demons, attack, humans, family, friends, angels


Author

Meghan Frederick
Meghan Frederick

Lafayette, LA



About
All I want to do is write :) more..

Writing