Southern Hospitality

Southern Hospitality

A Chapter by Meghan Frederick

We exited the taxi and Skyler payed the guy. "Thank you for driving us, sir," she smiled her sweet smile.
"You kids just be careful out here. I've heard that some pretty weird stuff is goin' on." It seems like everyone who Skyler comes into contact with is nice.
"We will! Be careful getting back to your family," he gave us one last friendly smile, then drove off.
The three of us were left alone on a dirt road that lead to an old, broken down house. "Your uncle lives there?" I pointed to the house.
She smiled as she nodded.
"Did you at least tell him we were coming?" Artie asked.
She turned sharply to him. "Of course I did!"
We began walking up toward the house. There was no suspicious activity going on at the moment. I could see a huge barn just behind the house, but I didn't see any animals or people. It was strange. Usually when you're on a farm you see animals. Right?
Skyler knocked on the wooden door, and we stood there, waiting for a response. I didn't hear a sound until a yelling came from inside the house. "It's Skyler and her friends!" The door swung open, and we were ushered inside.
Skyler was engulfed into a ginormous man's arms, and Artie and I just looked around at all the people that were inside the little house. The ages ranged from at least two years old to ninty years old. When Skyler was finally released, she fell back into my arms. I instinctly wrapped my arms around her to steady her.
"Well, this must be Dim," the man had a heavy southern accent.
"Uncle Benny, this is Dimitri. Dimitri, this is my Uncle Benny," Skyler introduced us.
I stuck out my hand, like I usually do when I meet someone, but he just wrapped his extremely muscular arms around me and picked me off the ground in a bear hug. He threw me back down next to Skyler and put his hands on his hips. "It's mighty fine to meet you, son!"
"And this is Artie," Skyler pointed to Artie.
Uncle Benny was about to engulf Artie, but Artie just simply raised his hand. "Could I please not get crushed? I would rather keep my lungs."
A woman laughed from in behind Uncle Benny. Uncle Benny moved aside to show a petit woman with a large, round belly. "My, he's a feisty one there!"
"Auntie Jane! You're having a baby?" Skyler screeched. The woman nodded, and Skyler hugged her. "I'm so happy for the both of you!"
A baby? I've never actually seen a baby. Well not a human one.
I gripped Skyler's hand and watched her talk. What if one day Skyler and I have a baby? And we can name it, take care of it, love it, and it will actually have a father in it's life, unlike me. I won't be like my father. There's no way.


© 2013 Meghan Frederick


Author's Note

Meghan Frederick
Sorry I took so long <3

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

176 Views
Added on September 18, 2013
Last Updated on September 23, 2013
Tags: angels, demons, couple, romance, family


Author

Meghan Frederick
Meghan Frederick

Lafayette, LA



About
All I want to do is write :) more..

Writing