Neal 1

Neal 1

A Chapter by Megan Levinsky

Neal 1
I have a few contacts, but not many. The less people I know and talk to the better. That includes friends and family.
Being a Hermes is choosing a life of solitude in order to help those that the system has erased. Technically, if someone asks who I am helping, in the states eyes, it’s nobody. But, before society decided to shut them out, they were somebody. They were moms, dads, sons, and daughters. They were your best friend that you would go to for anything. The moment the state decided to label them as a threat in some way, their identity became void and relocated to the only prison we have in this country to live out the rest of their years. People like to refer to the prison as Null Isle. The people who are sent there are as good as dead to you.
Hence, I am the one called in to find these loved ones. Many hire us to make sure their loved one is still alive. Others hire us to bring supplies. We are the messengers between the living and dead.
Is my job dangerous? Yes. That’s why I have left all the family and friends I know, in hopes that if I am ever caught, they will be spared. If a Hermes is caught, not only will they be thrown into Null Isle, but so will any accomplice they suspect.
It’s the least I can do.


© 2022 Megan Levinsky


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

39 Views
Added on April 6, 2022
Last Updated on April 6, 2022


Author

Megan Levinsky
Megan Levinsky

South Lyon, MI



About
There’s no where to go but forward, unless you keep looking back. In that case, you smack your head into a wall since you are not looking where you are going. more..

Writing
Jay 1 Jay 1

A Chapter by Megan Levinsky