Spiritual power is economy safe

Spiritual power is economy safe

A Chapter by Gideon

The day we learn to laugh at our flaws is the day we finally grow up. Lets be honest. Nobody wants to ever grow up to lose their innocence but grow we do and with this comes great responsibility. The maturity of growth is not counted with each candle but by the gravitational pull of the shifting and ever evolving view we have on our world.

In life we can be one of two things. We can either be leaders who take charge and steer the world in the right direction or we can be followers like a flock of sheep  whose' view of the world never changes. While we often wish to control every aspect of our lives we must come to realize that real growth comes from accepting that the forces at play that set the stage are not meant to be gripped with a white knuckled choke hold. The willingness to let go of the reins of your life to let the random and spontaneous act of living happen is critical but not an easy thing to do.

Every second of every day we learn something new. As children we are new and the world is so big and at times frightening. We are guided along the way and taught, whether by nature or nurture, what is right and what is wrong. If we are truly lucky we master this and never make the same mistakes of our youth. However, the right to make mistakes at all is ours alone and sometimes the power in experience is the most rewarding of all.

When we grow older we learn life can be a cruel game of chess. Rewards are weighed against the risks and logic becomes necessary. What once was simple is now subject to scrutiny. We often forget to cherish our youth while we have it and then look back with regret. We criticize younger generations for having it so easy but never thought for one second that we had it all that hard when we were their age. Life was full of wonder and surprise around every bend. Coming into power can be a haphazard foray into chaos and new obstacles we never anticipated or prepared for.

We have the power to change the world in great ways. The issue is not that experience dictates what will always be but that we must learn to evolve alongside the world and accept that not everything is neat and orderly. We may forget to value emotional investment in our true passions in life over time because we feel not all dreams are worth holding onto. Society sets the path but we must make our own to follow. It might not be on the map but we have the power to doodle our own squiggling roads to our desired destinations.

Do not go gently over that steep cliff of conformity. Learn, grow and nurture your innate sense of power to lead and follow and the world will grow in that wisdom. Tomorrow depends on you today.



© 2013 Gideon


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

149 Views
Added on January 6, 2013
Last Updated on January 6, 2013
Tags: Tarot


Author

Gideon
Gideon

Caledonia, MI



About
Namaste. I am Gideon. 29 year old two spirit ever searching for my opus. Always challenging myself to further delve into my deepest shadows, so stare unblinking into the sun of my insight. more..

Writing