Police Opinion

Police Opinion

A Poem by Markis K
"

Everyone condemns them even though they haven't seen the other side of the story and I've had it.

"

Someone dies

And all of a sudden it's the police's fault

Because they hit someone with a taser

When they attempted to run away

After they had tried to rob a bank.

"THE POLICE DID TOO MUCH! WE CANNOT STAND FOR THIS TYPE OF VIOLENCE!"

 

It happens again

And this time the police do nothing.

Now this criminal kills somebody innocent

Takes their car and drives away

Never to be seen again.

"THE POLICE DO NOTHING! THEY ARE NOT ABLE TO HANDLE THESE KINDS OF SITUATIONS!"

 

They are at a crossroads

The police that is.

What do they do?

Who do they turn to?

© 2008 Markis K


Author's Note

Markis K
Just a little something I thought I'd write to shed some light on the other side of police confrontations. Hope you enjoy!

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

A valis point well expressed, but I quote two items of intrest, one recent in America, and one not so recent in Ireland, both involving mentally ill men shot by cops...

In America, a unstable Irishman was shot dead for rampaging around kicking doors. The officer, Gonzales, has since resigned, and has been found to be charged with pron offences, and the stress of dealing with this may have made him deal badly with the situation.

In Ireland, the Abbeylara incident shows how bad communication coupled with American training led our heretofor expert police to shoot dead an ill and innocent man. Carthy was a schizo or something, and drove his mother from the family home, and the local copper called in the ERU, and a seige ensued, after which the man was shot when he came out of the house.

One manwith a shotgun versus thrity snipers...

Before this there was a Real IRA bank robbery in Wicklow during a police strike, dealt with expertly, and a hostage freed in the middle of bank holiday rush hour traffic, with one terrorist killed, Breathanach by name. So, haveing done a great job, some bright spark sent them to USA for retraining... and they learned the shoot forst, ask questions later policy.

The fisrt incident after returning was Abbeylara.

Consider the previos incidents of a similar nature, a German called Isenburger in Sligo held his mother as a live hostage, a seige ensued, the hostage was released, the man arested alive after gunfire exchanges, treated in hospital for his mental illness, and is now back with the mammy again and is 100% in so much as he can be.

This shows how training and communication can allow or prohibit a police force from doing their actions proper... a bad commander will make s**t of the work of a good unit, as will bad training...

Posted 16 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

127 Views
1 Review
Added on August 8, 2008

Author

Markis K
Markis K

About
14-year old kid in a crazy middle school with barely any friends. I need somewhere to express my feelings toward people and things. more..

Writing
Light Light

A Poem by Markis K


Alone Alone

A Poem by Markis K