After the Blast: Prologue

After the Blast: Prologue

A Story by Markis K
"

An introduction of a post apocalyptic United States after a nuclear holocaust has basically wiped out the rest of the country. Only a few survivors are left on the US, and they aren't all on the same side. You'll find other stuff out as you read along.

"

     We knew it would happen. We just didn't know when, and it hit us with such force we couldn't retaliate. It was an atomic bomb, and I was there.

     I can't quite recall the exact moment of the explosion, or exactly where it had hit. All I knew is that I survived and I had to get out of this damned city with everything intact. Of course I wasn't alone. I had a group of friends, Mitchell, Jordan, and Terrence. We really couldn't do anything until the radioactivity had successfully decreased to a minimum, so we sat it out and waited. It took about four months, fifteen days, and eighteen hours for the radioactivity to decrease enough to set foot into the desolate wasteland that was now New York City.

     And now, the story begins...

© 2008 Markis K


Author's Note

Markis K
Kind of a corny ending, but it's better than the usual "Go Get 'Em" type of ending.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

117 Views
Added on February 20, 2008

Author

Markis K
Markis K

About
14-year old kid in a crazy middle school with barely any friends. I need somewhere to express my feelings toward people and things. more..

Writing
Light Light

A Poem by Markis K


Alone Alone

A Poem by Markis K