What Is Cognitive Therapeutics Method?

What Is Cognitive Therapeutics Method?

A Story by Marilyn Monrow
"

The cognitive therapeutics method provides a non-pharmaceutical way for seniors and their caregivers to delay the onset of dementia and other forms of cognitive decline.

"
The Cognitive Therapeutics Method Can Be Used In The Home

One of the greatest benefits provided by the cognitive therapeutics method is an optimal amount of convenience. The related activities can be performed in the home under the guidance of a trained home care worker. Family caregivers can participate in these activities as well to learn strategies for stimulating cognition and overcoming various forms of cognitive impairment. These services can be especially beneficial for aging adults who suffer from degenerative brain diseases like Parkinson's disease and Alzheimer's disease, but they can also be advantageous among other demographics within the aging population as a form of prevention. It is additionally important to note that these services can be provided even in homes in which no other form of home care assistance is required. Home care workers can come one or more times per week with all of the resources that are necessary for taking aging adults through a challenging series of cognition-building tasks.

Encouraging Seniors To Engage In Challenging Activities That Are Fun

Seniors often enjoy participating in activities that are based on the cognitive therapeutics method. Given that few exercises have either right or wrong answers, there is no fear of embarrassment and little likelihood of frustration. Instead, this exercise is structured to stimulate reasoning while being both captivating and entertaining. Best of all, program activities are regularly updated to best reflect all of the latest research and findings on protecting and enhancing cognition. Thus, it is nearly impossible for seniors to grow bored with this therapy, even after having participated for an extended period.

Preserve Good Cognitive Functioning With Guidance And Support

There are some exercises and activities that seniors and their family caregivers can complete on their own for stimulating the mind and improving executive functioning. However, the cognitive therapeutics method is a structured program that has been strategically designed for promoting optimal benefits. It features a balanced array of challenges that stimulate various parts of the brain, strengthen the memory and encourage seniors to focus and think deeply about the main subjects. Over time, this can result in greater clarity and confidence as well as quicker response times. Just as the physical body must be challenged and trained to experience optimal well-being, the mind should be conditioned as well for lasting, overall health.

To get more knowledge about, it, visit our, "Cognitive Therapeutics Method's" web page: 

© 2018 Marilyn Monrow


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

123 Views
Added on November 23, 2015
Last Updated on March 22, 2018
Tags: Cognitive Therapeutic Method for, Memory Care, Brain Health, Mental Health, Healthy Lifestyle




Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Compartment 114
Compartment 114