Stary Night

Stary Night

A Story by MariaDahl1791

They went out for a fun night at the movies. They did enjoy the laughs, the action, the surprise ending.

They went out for a late dinner and a midnight drive in his beat up Chevy pick-up truck.

She had no idea where they were going, she didn't care. All she knew was that she was having a good time. A good time in a new town, with a new friend.

They went up the mountain. He wanted to show her where he goes to think. Putting the truck in park, they looked down on the town.

She was speechless, amazed that the lights seemed to reflect the stars. It was as if she was looking at the reflections on a still lake.

Beautiful.

Later that night, he took her home. During the drive, she couldn't help but look at the stars.

When it was time for him to leave, she didn't want him to go. She knew he wanted to kiss her good night. She saw it in his eyes. how he stared at her. How he hugged her five times.

He left with out that kiss, but she was happy anyway. She had just then realized, she had gone on her first date. She never had one before and was thrilled.

Every night, when the stars were out, she would look up and think of him.

© 2014 MariaDahl1791


Author's Note

MariaDahl1791
I have no clue how long a short story is suppose to be. But this is my idea of a short story.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

This was a nice little story of a first date. One thing I noticed was the word "did" in the second sentence is unnecessary. Also, you do much more telling than showing. What are his eyes like, for instance?

Posted 10 Years Ago


the perfect first date! :)

Posted 10 Years Ago


MariaDahl1791

10 Years Ago

lol, thanks. It was perfect. I don't think I'll ever experience a more perfect one like that.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

180 Views
2 Reviews
Added on February 4, 2014
Last Updated on February 5, 2014

Author

MariaDahl1791
MariaDahl1791

Huntsville, AL



About
I've recently started writing. I had friends tell me to start sharing it with other people and (maybe) get them published. But one step at a time. My comfort zone is singing and horse training. But .. more..

Writing