Darkness and Light

Darkness and Light

A Poem by Kim
"

It is a palindrome I had to do for an english poetry scrapbook project.

"

 

Darkness in light. Sadness with tears. Happiness with smiles. She is light and seeks darkness. He is darkness and seeks light. One is all and all is one. Light seeks, and darkness is he. Darkness seeks, and light is she. Smiles with happiness. Tears with sadness. Light in darkness.

© 2008 Kim


Author's Note

Kim
I didn't know if the second part made sense to everyone. Some of my friends thought it was werid sounding and others didn't. Hope you liked it.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Short sweet and to the point I like it.

Posted 15 Years Ago


definitely a sterling effort at a palindrome.Aways a difficult task presented in well written prose.

Posted 16 Years Ago


This has a proverbial ring to it and it also reminded me of the yin and the yang. A nice work with subtle shades.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Don't use the words "had to do" with any writing. Respect your work and others will respect it as well. The light and dark contrast is very familiar in the male-female balance. Carl Jung referred to it as "Anima" and "Animus" the fully masculine and the fully feminine need to to grow and accept each other for either unit to be whole. You hit that chord well, its a good piece.

Posted 16 Years Ago


there are a lot of abstractions but thats generally what you get with a palindrome. The second part made sense to me. I love that you personify darkness with gender and not only one gender but having darkness exist as both male and female. It is interesting to me especially because you name it as male first when darkness is traditionally female. It's a rather interesting form. I think you should fiddle with more forms. I have a few on my site from my poetic forms class. They include Sestina, Villanelle, ode, and Aubade you should try one or two out. I would love to see what you come up with.

Posted 16 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

118 Views
5 Reviews
Added on April 2, 2008

Author

Kim
Kim

VA



About
I run cross country and track (indoor and outdoor). I run hurldes, long and triple jump, discus, and relays. I am a sprinter. I love watching anime and reading manga. I like fantasy and science fictio.. more..

Writing
Fun Days Fun Days

A Poem by Kim