Chapter VI:  Jester Fenway Cineplex 13

Chapter VI: Jester Fenway Cineplex 13

A Chapter by Kevin Matthew Smith Jr.
"

I know it's chapter six, but it's actually chapter one. The chapter names refer to chronological order, but the actual order of the chapters as posted here is the author's intended order.

"

Jester Fenway Cineplex 13

At it again. Chuck comes by the theater every night around close and starts up that super max vacuum 3000. I’m usually out of there before he’s even a quarter done. Not tonight. I’m the closing usher even though I’ve been hauling a*s behind the concession stand for eight hours. My manager claimed we were the busiest theater in the North East that night—the Jester Cineplex 13 by Fenway Park in Boston. All of the other busiest theaters had at least 20 auditoriums.

The hum of the vacuum reminds me of the projection room at my theater back home. A serene place removed from complaining customers down stairs where I chow down French fries and quesadillas.

But tonight I have to wait around and punch parking tickets at the guest services desk. I slide their validation cards into the machine and hope for the best. No one showed me how to do work it. A green light turns red. I hope that’s the right way. But if not—not my problem tonight. I’m reeking and covered with garbage juice and I have to go to court in the morning. And I don’t even claim residency in this Commonwealth. 



© 2008 Kevin Matthew Smith Jr.


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

127 Views
Added on May 2, 2008


Author

Kevin Matthew Smith Jr.
Kevin Matthew Smith Jr.

Boston, MA



About
Geek. A noun subjugated to the realm of insults pertaining to smart guys and smart girls who play video games, share a complex yet random sense of humour, and who struggle in the realm of social acce.. more..

Writing