him

him

A Poem by maddie

his hands in mine, my thoughts tangling in and out of an old white picket fence... the same fence I imagine raising our family in front of someday... but rewind a bit back to present time... focusing on his lips and how they're kissing mine. laying under the stars with him is an absolute delight but the stars have absolutely nothing compared to the galaxies that reside in his eyes. his body, warm up against mine, feeling more of a home than a human, but still being more of a human than I could ever dream. each word slipping from his mouth, formed by breath in the base of his lungs- making me thank god for creating such a lovely work of art- as the words drip out in a voice sweeter than honey... it all feels so right... never wanting to let go... wishing I could stay in this home for more than just this night. his arms, wrapped around me, holding me tight. never could I have dreamed that this would feel so absolutely magnificent. to have something that is mine and no one else's... well, I suppose that is the tricky part to explain... the fact that no matter how hard I try, I cannot make him see the same things in me that I do in him... I cannot force him to see the galaxies in my eyes or feel the love that I want to give. I can only hope that he understands that he is my infatuation and my heart. he is the one who filled the spaces in my heart that I had left reserved for someone who never had the intention of a return. He is the one who is making my lips crack into a smile as the honey drips from his... He is the one who I never thought would come along... and yet, here he is... existing in a world that will never be good enough to show him all that he deserves... 

© 2018 maddie


Author's Note

maddie
the word 'Her' can be substituted as well

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

103 Views
Added on August 26, 2018
Last Updated on August 26, 2018

Author

maddie
maddie

st. louis , MO



Writing
My paths My paths

A Poem by maddie


F you F you

A Poem by maddie