Sailor's Log #1

Sailor's Log #1

A Story by Elliott Percival

Sailor's log,
Murraham Cumartesi, 918 AH

    The koboudan bellows as wave upon wave break upon the helm, drenching him and the crew in frigid arctic waters.  The captain is not typically a man of such tension; however, relentless storms and concurrent navigation problems have began to visibly fray his oft stoic demeanor.  The crew grows restless in these waters; few know the true importance of what we do here.  The captain's magnum opus, the Kitab-ı Bahriye, seeks to change the world as we know it, and we construct it day by day.  I am perhaps the only crewman aboard the Ozaslan a'Derya, save for the captain himself, blessed with such knowledge.
    The storms have grown in frequency and ferocity as we have strayed from the rocky coasts and broken shores of dağların arazi Columbus.  The captain suspects that the cause of these typhoons likely stems from the high fluctuations in water temperatures here.  In daylight hours, the waters are very temperate, often providing excellent fishing; however, once the sun sinks below the horizon the waters turn icy in a hurry.  Many of the crew have experienced frostbite and other ailments as a result.  The  koboudan assures me such changes in climate are normal in southern waters, but sometimes it seems he doesn't quite believe it himself.
    But such things are beyond the concerns of myself, for Hadji... I'm sorry, "the captain" assures me that soon we shall reach sweet Konstantinopolis where we are to meet the exalted Sultan himself, praise be.  But for tonight, he has promised to read to me another passage from the Oera Linda and I am due to be late already.

    - Alhasan a'Ibrahim Reisoğlu

© 2011 Elliott Percival


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

137 Views
Added on September 9, 2011
Last Updated on September 9, 2011

Author

Elliott Percival
Elliott Percival

IN



About
I don't deserve any credit for turning the other cheek as my tongue is always in it. more..

Writing