First Seduction

First Seduction

A Poem by Michelle
"

Had to write 3 poems for Advanced Writing II. This is the 3rd. My class was to start in ten minutes. So behold!--my steadfast interest in the bible (focused on Genesis, Gospels, and Revelation) and my knack at creating literary works on the spot!

"

 

 

Beautiful Tree

Created by the grace of God,

What seduction have you laced within the veins of your leaves?

Serpents twine, luring Eve to poisonous wine and to a foreign, selfish evil.

Oh, darling daughter of the Lord, stay away from the devil, for he shall lead you astray.

Alas!—Adam follows suit and eats the bountiful fruit that shall lead paradise and God away.

Eyes opened wide, the children of Eden have survived and now know the truth of it all.

God roams the paths, calling Adam and Eve, but no response as the two hide.

Finally, bearing clothes on their backs they show themselves before Him.

Instantly, Father knows but asks them why they are timid.

Both of them lie and blame each other; God is livid.

Cursed is Eve! 

Curse Adam!

The serpent

Shall suffer

As well.

All for the 

Tree of 

Knowledge 

Of Good

And Bad.

They are

Cast away

From 

Pradise

Forever.

 

© 2009 Michelle


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I really enjoyed this. You paint the events with insight and eloquence. I think you best lines are the first two -"Beautiful Tree, Created by the grace of God." You have the ability to say much, with a few words, a sign of a good poet.

I was intrigued by your fascination with the Biblical narratives, particularly Revelation. That is a book that is generally avoided, even by the super-religious! I assume you consider the Bible a work of fiction. Do you read it for inspiration or some other purpose, I wonder?

Good writing.

Moomin

Posted 4 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

101 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on April 4, 2009
Last Updated on April 4, 2009

Author

Michelle
Michelle

About
Still too young to comprehend what I desire in life, I first started my journey through writing. I aspire to be a novelist when I grow up. I admire classical works of literature. I spend most time .. more..

Writing
To My Heart To My Heart

A Poem by Michelle