To Go Home

To Go Home

A Story by MC Guérin
"

Would you want to go home?

"

To Go Home

 

   He goes home. Maybe home is not the right word to describe it though. Yes it is the place he resides but a home is where you are supposed to feel loved and as if you belong. There, he does not feel either if those. Once he enters, the yelling begins.

   “Why are you late?” followed by a slap to the face by his father, who has the scent of alcohol on his breath. “Get you chores done and no dinner.”

   He does not complain though for this is not new. In fact it is a regular occurrence. Bruises cover him and his stomach growls. He lives alone with his father.

   At school it is not much better. He is bullied from the moment he enters the school grounds. Picked on for being week and small. Being told to kill himself. He has few close friends.

   As he lies in bed, he wonders why he could not end it.

 

   He does not go home. Even though he would not think it, his father is sad, his only son gone. He turns to the bottle, drinking more than the already unhealthy amount he was previously, to drown his tears. Something that will eventually kill him.

   Those who bullied him feel terrible. They meant it as a joke, not for him to actually do it. His friends take it the worst. He put on a face and said he was okay, so they never knew until it was too late. They wish they would have been there for him, that they would have known, so that maybe they could have done something to prevent it.

   One of his closest friends was depressed before this happened, and it was too much for her. A few weeks pass and she is found in a park with a rope around her neck.

   This much harm is done when he does end it.

 

   He stands on the railing of the bridge. He sees the water flowing below, knowing that if he would jump from here, it would kill him. But he questions if he should.

   If he should go home, or end it.

© 2016 MC Guérin


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

So very sad, brought tears to my eyes. I hate that some believe the only way to end their depression is by suicide. So many lives are hurt by it. I hope this is just a story and not thinking of making it happen and just want feedback on it. If you need to talk I'am a listener. Hugs, Eva

Posted 7 Years Ago


MC Guérin

7 Years Ago

This is just a story based on real events. I am not suicidal and have also surpassed my depression b.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

195 Views
1 Review
Added on September 26, 2016
Last Updated on September 26, 2016

Author

MC Guérin
MC Guérin

About
Teen writer. I write poems and short stories that are usually dark in nature. Feel free to give me feedback. more..

Writing
Lines Lines

A Poem by MC Guérin