Auto-conversations

Auto-conversations

A Chapter by IzzieRomance

As I was finished up my coffee and pulling into the student parking lot, the sun was still climbing the horizon as slowly as I had out of bed this morning. But it wasn't the sun that caught my attention as I got out of my car, but the girl I ran into as I left Quik Trip earlier this morning. She was briskly pacing the sidewalk as if she was in a rush to be somewhere. Surely she couldn't be a student at Belleville, because I knew practically everybody here. I mean, Belleville was small. But sure enough, she all but ran from the sidewalk she was on to the nearest entrance to the school building.

I soon stepped out of my car and was going to <s>stalk</s> introduce myself, but before I could even step five feet from my car this weird kid my best friend Jayden Sawyer tackled me in a man-hug embrace which I returned.

"Sup dude." he said. How he was so hyper this early in the morning was beyond me.

"Hey." I responded, stifling a yawn. How was it that I was the one with the empty coffee cup, and Jayden seemed more hyper than I was?

"What's with you? You seem beat.. You know, more than usual." he questioned.

"I'm fine," I replied, with a smile as if it would convince him. "But have you checked out New Girl? Now, that's fine." I added with a smirk.

Now he seemed interested. "Is she tall? Blonde? With blue eyes?"

"Actually," I hadn't really taken in her face much - as bad as that sounds. I'm only a guy human afterall. "I think she's pretty short."

This bummed Jayden out. He was always into 'Barbie prototypes' as I named them.

A couple more of our friends had now gathered around my car. There was Josh Smetana, Adam Zallaro, Sonny Montgomery and Aaron Ensor. It had been the six of us for as long as I can remember - but Jayden and I just clicked as soon as we met in a way I just couldn't click with Aaron or Sonny. It was like we were three pairs of best friends living on the same street, more than anything; but that's beside the point.

"Have you guys seen her?" Sonny asked randomly. And of course we all knew who he was referring to.

"Yeah!" Adam and Aaron exclaimed. "Damn she's hot!" Adam added.

"Yeah," I agreed. But this was the problem with small schools. When you get a detention, everyone knows. When you did something stupid at a party over the weekend, everyone's heard about by Monday morning. And with a new student, everyone was bound to have seen you in the hallway or introduced themselves to you by second hour. It almost made you ashamed of your school by the way they treated a newcomer.

So I guess I'd just have to wait in like to introduce himself, like every other male at Belleville High. Great.



© 2008 IzzieRomance


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

136 Views
Added on June 6, 2008


Author

IzzieRomance
IzzieRomance

Blue Springs, MO



About
Basically, I'm a sixteen year old girl who lives in some lame suburb of Kansas City, Missouri. Yeah, that doesn't make too much sense, now does it? My favorite band of all time is My Chemical Romance... more..

Writing