Lovers & Haters

Lovers & Haters

A Story by Maxine G. Harney
"

Him, her & me. Things got ugly between these three students. Here's a one shot of what happened. It's a first draft... please don't kill me.

"

I envisioned myself storming across the field and slapping her. Guys blushed, their gaze following her as she jogged past. Her silky blonde hair was tied back into a tight ponytail oh so perfectly. She flashed her impeccably white teeth as she tugged him toward the locker rooms. The young boy shook his head and smiled, his dark hair falling into his eyes. The blonde that I envied so much pouted and dropped his hand. I swear that I heard her begging and pleading from all the way over here. And at that moment, pure jealously and resentment was all I felt – he only seemed to exacerbate this feud.

I cringed and took a shaky step back as she shot a glare in my direction. That two faced brat. He walked casually toward me, a crooked smile tugging at his lips. He flounced goofily around, causing me to erupt into a fit of laughter. Like a burning laser, her gaze settled onto me and him. I could feel her stare boring a whole into the side of my face.   Out of the corner of my eye, I saw her jaw drop as he placed his hand tenderly on my shoulder. I turned and stared back, causing the jealously in her face become more eminent. 
 
He glanced over at her and shook his head. His emotions were ambiguous to me – almost to the point where his face was totally unreadable. He shook his head as he turned back to me, my head tilted to one side. He smiled and opened his mouth to explain, only to be interrupted by her. An arrogant, wide smile played at her lips, that feeling to slap her building within me. She intertwined her fingers with his and smirked mockingly in my direction. But I snickered back as he tugged his hand out of her grasp.
 
She frowned and stalked off, leaving a victorious sensation running through my body. I scoffed as she tripped over her own feet and landed face first into the dirt. Sure, it was mean. But, I finally knew that I’d get my revenge soon enough. Her dimpled cheeks and perfect little smile wouldn’t be enough to stop me. She was so fragile that I could break her spine over my knee. We’ll see who will remain on top – even if that means stepping into the deep end.
 
 

© 2009 Maxine G. Harney


Author's Note

Maxine G. Harney
This is a first draft... please ignore any grammatical errors.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

32 Views
Added on January 31, 2009

Author

Maxine G. Harney
Maxine G. Harney

Boston, MA



About
Name: Maxine G. Harney Age: 14 Location: Boston, Mass. Writing Experience: Approx. 7 years (Nothing professional just yet) Typical Writing Style: Don't really have one. But I DO use quite a bit of v.. more..

Writing