stay together for the kids.

stay together for the kids.

A Poem by Luna Lazarus
"

No.

"

As the last strip of packing tape is placed over that last box of split belongings,

You complain that we took your skillet. Your clock. Your cheap imitation painting.

 

As the last thread is pulled out of that aging metaphorical heart pillow, we realize it was never silk, only more polyester.

 

Through the shouts of “F**k you” and hateful slurs, a door is slammed, an innocent body pushed out of the way.

 

I always thought it was the work of sick fantasies, these abusive things. The way you fight, and yell and torture each other until death seems preferable; I’m able to watch from the sidelines.

 

It seems like just another roadblock in the way to happiness, those thoughts I dared to share with you.

How sweet surrender seemed at this point, how just lying back and letting  the cold dark angel suck out the life.

How I wanted to see his face…Watching my chest heave as this last breath leaves me.

But it was only another problem. I thought that you could help, but you only caused pain. You all lied, and now I’ve got nothing left.

You thought those scars were a thing of the past?

Check my legs.

You see those lines?

Those aren’t temporary.

I thought I could trust you to not f**k me over like every other one, but once I again I was mistaken. I apologize. Now I’ve got nothing left, and I once again wonder how things could have been if I hadn’t told.

If I had fooled you all like the rest, and let us be a perfect image of love and comfort.

I guess I lost my chance for that.

© 2011 Luna Lazarus


Author's Note

Luna Lazarus
I'd love feedback! <3

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

love it :)

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

217 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on May 11, 2011
Last Updated on May 11, 2011

Author

Luna Lazarus
Luna Lazarus

Portland, OR



About
Poetry is my water, my fuel, and my acidic regret in the form of eloquent text. I am Luna. Luna is I. I renamed myself Luna so I could always be reminded of the beauty of the moon, and strive to achi.. more..

Writing