Chapter Two

Chapter Two

A Chapter by Luna Kusan

I couldn’t move under my own weight. My body felt heavy and hard to move. I could hear people talking and feel something warm on top of me. My eyelids were heavy and hard to open. The heaviness of my body was speard only when I started to twitch. It took what seemed like hours to open my eyes. Things seemed blurred and cloudy. I tilted my head to the right, straining to observe my surroundings. I could see a small black table by me.

 It looked new, but I could barely see in the shadowy darkness. Attempting to move on to my side, all I felt was a sharp pain that was surging through my body. A cry of agony escaped my lips. Agony… It was overwhelming me as pain laughed at my crys. Forcing myself to ignore the pain, I managed to sit up on the edge of my bed. My body was shaking so hard that my bed itself began to shake. I do not understand what is going on with me. Am I loosing myself to the darkness and death that is surrounding me?

With my hand to my mouth, I began having a coughing git. Something slick, liquidy and warm slipped through my fingers. When the coughing subsided I looked at my hand. It was covered in the crimson red stain of my own blood. I was offically terrified. A scream escaped my lips. Crimson drops splattered from my mouth on to my bed like rain. I clutched my stomach as the door slammed open. The shaking had worsened by now.

                “What the hell! What is going on Chad!?” a voice squeaked.

                “Calm down, Veronica. Go get Alexander. Now.” A deep voice replied.

                I could barely see the girl rush out. The man, who I presume is Chad, gripped my non-bloody hand. He picked me up in one quick and sly movement. I gave him a curious look and he gave me a smile in return.

                “Sorry, Darlin’. We didn’t expect you to start changing so soon.” He stopped ‘till I managed to nod, “I’ll take you to the infermary. Your guide should be there when we reach it.”

                I managed to give him a smile when he started walking. It seemed decades before we reached the infermary. The blood was practically flowing out of me now. Not to mention the shaking made it hard for Chad to hold on to me. As soon as we stepped into the infermary I saw Alexander standing beside a thin girl with pink hair and matching pink cat ears that kept twitching. Cat ears that twitch? Strange much? She looked terrifed, like me. Was it because of me? Chad laid me down on a cold hospital bed.

                “Veronica, pull yourself together. You’re a healer not a human.” Chad saidas the irratation in his voice grew.

                “Well, her guide is here,” she pointed to Alexander, “doesn’t know what to do!” She squeaked.

                I coughed up more blood before the Veronica girl pressed her hands against the spot were my heart laid. She began to chant words that I couldn’t understand even with a translator. In moments, the pain began to ease along with the blood flow. I stared at the girl’s soft features. She tried to put a smile on her face, but it failed horribly. I guess to much blood for her likings, and mine.

                When she removed her hands, I felt perfectly fine. I looked up at Alexander, who gave me a warm smile. I could not help but to smile right back at him. Veronica stepped back and examined her work. She turned to face Chad and Alexander.

                “She should be okay. I managed to ease the pain during her change. Now, you two get her cleaned up and her bedroom too.” She said proudly.

                Chad and Alexdander exchanged looks and side-ways glances for a moment. Chad raised an eyebrow and looked at me. What were they waiting for?

                “It’s up to you, Darlin’.” Chad said with a thick southern draw and a big smile on his face that resembled Robin Goodfellow from A Midnight Summer’s Dream.

                “Don’t call her that!” Alexander said, glaring at him intensely.

                “Whatever floats your boat, Wolfie.”

                “Uhm…” I was startled at the meakness of my voice.     

                “Yes, Little Darlin’?”

                “Stop that!” Alexander snapped.

                “Alexander, please help me with my shower. Chad, can you please tend to my room?”

                “Sure thing, Dalin’.”

                “Yeah.” Alexander practically growled.

                I watch Chad smirk before leaving the infermary room. I was stunned; noone challenged Alexander except for me. Alexander looked at me. His face was flustered. I coughed softly trying to break the silence.

                “So, what would you like for me to get you to wear today?” Veronica asked softly.

                “Something with Purple, please.” I said smiling softly.

                “Alrighty-dite, then!” She said as she bounced out the room.

                “Are you ready for your shower?” Alexander asked softly.

                “Uhm..Yeah. I guess.”

                I could feel his arms slip around me as he picked my up princess style. I feel so weak and I hate it with a passion. I looked up into the softness of his golden eyes. I was instantly lost inside them. Alexander looked down at me; his eyes instantly meeting mine. I could feel a flush rise over my cheeks.

                “Are you going to explain everything to me now?” I asked sternly.

                “Of course.” He said chuckeling.

                “You better. I am tired of you holding out on me, you hobnocker!” I said as I softly hit his chest.

                “Hobnocker?” He said laughing more.

                I made a face then stuck my tounge out. All he could do was laugh and smile at me. Suddenly, his wolf ears popped out. I blinked and stared at their black furriness, they even had a purple hue. I busted out into giggles. He blushed a deep red and looked straight forward untill we reached the showers. Open showers? Creepy. Better make sure I don’t drop the soap.

                “When I sit you down go ahead and take those dirty clothes off while I get your things for you.” He mummbled.

                “Okay.” I said smiling.



© 2013 Luna Kusan


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

93 Views
Added on February 27, 2013
Last Updated on March 7, 2013


Author

Luna Kusan
Luna Kusan

Griffin, GA



About
http://www.glogster.com/lunakin/myglogster Name: Luna Kusan House of Night: Sylien, Priestess Affinity:All five elements, deaeth, true sight, mind reading, move things with mind. Familiar:.. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Luna Kusan


Chapter One Chapter One

A Chapter by Luna Kusan