Hellspawn chapter 8

Hellspawn chapter 8

A Chapter by Jacob leitch

8

It was a few months ago, nearly five now. I was sent to a city in Pakistan, in a different squad. There was eight of us on the mission, and two on a hill bit further back. The mission was to grab Mulivo Snavez, a man who fled to the village after bombing six transport trucks, which was loaded with food and medical supplies for refugees. The task wasn't supposed to be difficult, for most of the resistance has given up by this time.

The city was just rows of buildings, with a large Market in the far side of town. We already knew Mulivo was located on the opposite side of the Market, in a large building where many Islams come to pray. We were ordered to enter during their afternoon prayer to catch them off guard. By the time we reached the building many people barricaded their homes and hid from us.

 We split into four different groups to hit the building from every entry. I was with the newest member of our squad, a small little private named Joshua Wu. Private Wu was thin and very fragile, but very eager. When I gave the order he kicked in the door and tackled a man to the ground, hitting him in the face with his gun. This didn't bug me, Wu could do as he pleases as long as we got our guy. 

All around us people rose from their prayers, a man shouted in the distance and suddenly a swarm of them were hitting Wu with whatever they could find; candles, sticks, and their own fists. A man took away Wu's gun and shot him in the head with it. Rage suddenly arose within me and I fired back at the man, I continued to fire until my clip was empty. A huge pile of dead bodies lay infront of me, blood pouring from wounds.

The whole building suddenly seemed to flash with gunfire, my other squad mates joined me and started to fire. I could hear the Sergeant shouting for us to cease fire in the distance. Everyone tried to flee but their was nowhere to run. My gun clicked to let me know I was empty, and before I could even grab another clip a large group charged past me, knocking me to the ground. Within the group right in the very middle I saw our target, he glanced back at me just as he ran through the door.

I got up and followed the crowd, it seemed to disperse as they got into the open, fleeing in every direction. I spotted Mulvilo turn a corner and gave chase. When I turned the corner I noticed he was facing towards me, holding a hostage between us.
The hostage was that young women.
She couldn't of been twenty, yet she had a bump on her stomach that said a baby was on the way. Tears streamed down her face and she screamed in a language I didn't recognise. Mulvilo gave a toothless grin and said, "you won't kill hostage, will you?" he spat on the ground and backed up slowly. "coward, attacking during prayer, coward!" he spat again, and this time a noticed blood hit the sand. "shoot then, coward. Kill hostage."
And so I did.
I fired many rounds at the man, I know most hit the women but one hit Mulvilo in the head, killing him instantly. The women dropped to the floor and screamed in pain. I walked up to the women and crouched down, a many bullets hit her stomach, but she took a bullet to her lung. I raised my gun to finish her off, and fired a single round into her.

Just then my squad came around the corner, in time to watch me shoot the women. The look the sergeant gave me brought me to my senses. I collapsed to the ground by her, tears poured down my face and fell onto her lifeless body. A moment later a small boy came out to cry over her body too. By the time the sergeant got me up the little boy started screaming at me, I didn't know what he was saying but I felt the sting of his words. It sunk deep inside my heart and never left me, when I close my eyes I can sometimes hear his screaming, or watch him attack me.
That women died.
But as I look in front of me there she stands, alone in the darkness. Her eyes meet mine, and I know when I look into them where I am.
I'm in hell.



© 2011 Jacob leitch


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

352 Views
Added on April 28, 2011
Last Updated on April 28, 2011


Author

Jacob leitch
Jacob leitch

Keswick, Canada



About
I love reading and writing, I love being outdoors and I love life itself. I'm a happy person and nothing changes my mood. :) more..

Writing