Hellspawn chapter 4

Hellspawn chapter 4

A Chapter by Jacob leitch

4

We formed our new squads in a matter of five minutes and headed out to get water. The three of us each had eight people under our command now, with the Lieutenant being switched between squads every eight hours. He was binded so he can't attack, and it was pointless to try and run off without usable arms.
We split the six injured men between us, getting two men to watch. Under my command I only had Derek and Private James from my old squad. The other six men were all privates, and not very thrilled to be under my command. Private Mathers was one to voice his opinion. "why are we under corporal Crazies command? Like f**k, I wish Maeves got command, at least she's normal." Mathers whispered rather loudly to her friend, private Odis, who sniggered. 
"and she's hot. What I wouldn't give to be with her for one night." which was given a round of laughter by their friends.
"like you'd get with her, I think she'd want someone who's got something bigger then two inches." Rodriguez replied, to a louder group of laughter. Derek gave them a disapproving look and turned back to me.
"you really couldn't of been given a stupider bunch man."
He says to me, I force myself to laugh even though I'm in no mood too. 
"at least I have one person who understands." I say tiredly,
"well with any luck they'll be killed next and we won't have to put up with them anymore."
I stop and turn to look at him. "don't say that Derek. I've seen enough death to last me a lifetime."
"sorry. Wasn't funny." he says quietly, he dosnt say anything more, and I don't try and talk until we gathered our water and are back in the village. sergeant Sims and her squad approach me, carrying the Lieutenant, who is bounded and gagged.
"Joseph said it's ok if you guys get first rotation. We'll wake you in about four hours." she says to me. Relief floods through me and I can hear my squad whispering gladly.
"got it, thanks sergeant." 
I lead my squad into a large house, the one where I found Mells. The place that Mells died too.
“ok squad. Get some shut eye, we got to be up in four hours.” I say to the squad, but it looks like most have already got the idea for they all walked off. Derek collapses on the ground right before me.
“im gunna sleep right here man.” He mumbles to no one in particular.
I drop my own pack and lay down by him, my eyes close immediately, and in a matter of seconds I’m asleep. I awake again in the village, but I can feel an eerie change. I get up slowly, my squad is missing. 
something isn’t right. I tell myself. I step outside and look at the village.
Its deserted.
The centre of the village has been cleaned out. Not only have the bodies of my comrades been buried, but the poles have been removed and the pit of bones have been filled in.
“Sims?” I shout out, they can’t all be gone, can they?
“Sims! Derek? Anyone!”
Finally I hear a small a distant voice from around one of the houses. I quickly move towards it, and a women steps out from behind the building. The women only has a dirty rag covering her beautiful body, and long dirty hair formed in an exotic bun.
“Who are you?” I say to her very harshly, raising my gun at her. She doesn’t flinch at my gun, but continues to slowly move towards me. She opens her mouth to speak, but when she does I don’t understand what she’s saying.
“do you speak English?” I say very slowly to her, she shakes her head and continues to move towards me.
“stay back! I am Corporal Marcus Cooper! Now stand down and take me to my men!” She dosen’t stop though. “I will fire, you are on your last warning!” She crouches down and stalks towards me now, as if about to pounce. She bares her teeth and lets out an un-human like noise between a screech and a growl. Suddenly she jumps at me, she must be more then twenty feet away but she moves fast and far. I fire my gun once and hit her in the shoulder. She tackles me into the ground and the wind is knocked out of me, but I quickly recover and hit her in the face, knocking her off of me. I raise my gun and empty the entire clip into her, she dosen't get up.
I get to my feet and walk over to her, she's dead. But as I turn around another person walks up to me.
It's the same girl.
I turn around and see the women I just killed stand up. The bullets push out of her body and fall to the ground.
What the hell is this?
The newcomer jumps at me and before I have tine to react cuts my shoulder, I feel blood flow out of it but I have no time to react. The other women kicks me in the chest, sending me off my feet and to the centre of the circle. One of the girls jumps onto my chest, and I can almost feel myself sinking into the ground. Wait, no. I am sinking into the ground!
The ground seems to open up and I can feel hands grab on to me, pulling me down further into the ground, into darkness.
This is it, I'm going to die.
Just one last mission, it couldn't hurt.
Now my price is death.
Fleeting moments of my life flash before my eyes; playing catch with my father, my first kiss, when I met my love, Rebecca.
Rebecca needs me.
I can't die.
I won't die!
I grab my knife strapped at the side of my leg and start to swing madly, cutting hands and chopping fingers. Very suddenly I'm released, there's nothing attacking me anymore.

My eyes shoot open. I jump up, then I realise it was a dream and smirk. I brush off my shoulders and I feel something wet, blood. 
Then I realise it wasn't just a dream.


© 2011 Jacob leitch


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

241 Views
Added on April 28, 2011
Last Updated on April 28, 2011


Author

Jacob leitch
Jacob leitch

Keswick, Canada



About
I love reading and writing, I love being outdoors and I love life itself. I'm a happy person and nothing changes my mood. :) more..

Writing