The Forge

The Forge

A Chapter by Loven Epic
"

Ivan tells Gabriel about the forge, but more importantly The Hammer.

"

“Gabriel, Gabriel.”

“Gabriel woke to the, now familiar, sound of Ivan’s voice.

“What?” Gabriel asks Ivan.

“It’s time to get up Gabriel.”

“Ugh, okay.” Gabriel answers lazily.

“It is time to work, and I think you should come down.”

“Okay, I’ll be right down.” Gabriel says starting to wake.

Gabriel raises his head to find Ivan leave down the stairs, and the outfit he was fitted for, the day before. He got up and slipped on his trousers, they fit perfectly, it was odd how they felt; they were soft, but still firm and sturdy. He pulled on the leather-like tunic that fit just as well as the trousers and then where the tunic had been only moments ago sat something he did not see the other day, it was a pair of gloves, but they were made of iron in the front. Even though they were made of iron, they were extremely flexible and the same amount if not more comfortable than the other clothes. He went to the stairs and descended into the workshop below. Ivan was there pumping air from a Bellow two times the size of Gabriel.

“Hello Ivan.” Gabriel said from the doorway.

“Oh, Hello Gabriel, I did not see you come in.” Said Ivan sounding rather surprised.

“How does it work?” Asked Gabriel, still questioning everything he knew so far.

“How does what work, Gabriel?”

“The Gloves, The Clothes, The Bellow, I guess Majic?”

“Well, it is not extremely easy to explain, but later today we can go see Don about it.”

“Don?”, “Who’s Don?”

“Oh, I suppose you don’t know him yet, he’s a good fellow, always has an explanation.”

“Oh, Okay, I can’t wait to meet him.”

“Now then Gabriel, I see you know what this is.” He says while patting the extremely over large bellow.

“I’ve seen one before.”

“Do you know what it does Gabriel?”

“No, I have only seen them from a distance.”

“Well, it is the device that pumps oxygen into the furnace, which allows it to heat up faster and hotter, in order to melt iron and steel.”

“Okay, I understand.”

“Now, I want you to do something, I want you to hold this for a moment.”

“Okay.” Gabriel says cautiously taking the hammer from Ivan.

“Wow, it is so much lighter than it appears to be.” “How is it possible?”

“So, that hammer, unlike other hammers of all of the other forges, is very special, it was created in the Dwarven Forge of Anward.” “It is made from a metal long since extinct to this world.”

“It was made by dwarves?”

“Indeed it was, and not by any dwarf, but by Rolus Hawgling, Dwarf Mage of Foglius Hall, He is the Third of the Seven Great Lords of Pagemenos.”

“Who are the other Six?” Gabriel questioned.

“I only know a few of them.”, “There was Ragnauf, also a dwarf, he was the Seventh of them, there was Kalwung, he was a high elf and the fourth great lord, and there was also Jovian, he was the Second Great Lord, and the only human who was ever a great lord.”

“What about the sixth?”

“I do not know who the sixth Great Lord was, I also don’t know who the First Great Lord is, but it is said he was the strongest of them.”

“How did you get Rolus’ hammer?”

“It was passed down to me by me great Grandfather, Athelstan, who inherited the hammer from his late father Legiolus.”

“How did Legiolus get the hammer?”

“Legiolus got the hammer from fighting in the Second Wyvrn War, he found it on the battle field, and claimed it as his own.”

“Did Rolus die during that war?”

“We know not where Rolus has gone, but it is assumed that he passed during the war.”

“So, that’s it?”

“That is all I know of Rolus and his hammer, but I really brought you here to show you how the forge works.”

“Well, let us start then.”

Ivan showed Gabriel many things about the Forge, how to use the bellow, how to remove iron from the fire, and how to fashion a blade with the hammer, but Gabriel’s attention was not dedicated to Ivan and the Forge, but to Rolus and his disappearance.



© 2014 Loven Epic


Author's Note

Loven Epic
THANK YOU ALL PLEASE SUBSCRIBE, FRIEND, AND ENTER CONTEST!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

118 Views
Added on February 11, 2014
Last Updated on February 13, 2014


Author

Loven Epic
Loven Epic

Kyle, TX



Writing
Λεπίδα του �™ασιλιά (O Vasil Lepida) Λεπ^..

A Poem by Loven Epic