Gabriel

Gabriel

A Chapter by Loven Epic

Gabriel

Clang Clang Clang.

He woke to the sound of metal against metal. ‘It’s Hot?’ he realizes, while sitting up. The last thing he remembers is losing to the ice cold stone floor of a cave in the Andinis Mountains, after being left by his brethren. The noise ceases, and is replaced by heavy footsteps. He struggles to get up, not knowing who or what may be approaching. He reaches out, but finds nothing but a leather tunic and a pair of khakis breeches. It’s too late the footsteps stop at the top of the stairs, and the stairwell gives way to nothing more than a man with soot covering the whole of his body, he approaches and as he reaches out his hand says, “I’m Ivan, son of Julius, Blacksmith of Ivanwood village”. “I take it you’re from a nearby town?” “I’m from Hollows Grove, I had never heard of Grinwood, before now.” “Hmm, this is troubling, you said that your family abandoned you, you didn’t just get lost?” “Yes I have not a doubt I was left, it was no mistake Ivan, my parents wanted me no longer.” “Well I suppose you may stay in my dwelling as long as necessary, but I don’t have enough money to feed you for long, so you will soon need to find a job, and Before you do that you’ll need proper sized clothing” “I will do my best, but I have never really worked before.” “Fear not Gabriel, you will do fine.” And with that they parted, Ivan going to work downstairs in his forge, and Gabriel being fitted for a new outfit with the town tailor, Theodor. Theodor was a polite man, very religious, and as it seems is just disciplined in his house work. Even though there was not a closet unfilled by various clothing items, there was but a string out of place in his tidy spacious dorm. He was well fitted to be a tailor, and his fits others with clothing just as well. “Hello.” Ivan rang the bell at the man’s desk. Gabriel hears in a muffled voice, “One Moment Please,” “I’m really busy, but I’ll be right there.” “That’s Just fine, take your time, it is of the essence Theodor.”

It was moments later Theodor came rushing into the room hands filled with cloth and needle, but there was something unusual about this lad, he had not one or two, but eight hands.

“How may I help you gentlemen?” The Tailor Questioned.

“Oh, were just getting this young man fitted with a proper outfit.” Ivan said this as if there was not anything different about this lad and any of the others in the village.

“Ok, Ivan, what are we talking, float pads, Steel mail?”

“No, were getting the Iron Grips for this one.”

“Oh, I see he’ll be workin’ with you then?”

“Well for the time being, yes he will be, but soon he will get a job.”

“Well, let’s get started then.”

And with that Gabriel followed Theodor Brunswig into the back of his shop, which was actually his house, being used as a shop. As Theodor went to collect the correct cloth he called into the back,

“What color will it be lad?”

“Umm, I think I would like it to be a charcoal black color, If you have it.”

“It will be out shortly.”

Gabriel Waited for the Tailor, looking around the dwelling that belonged him.

“Alrighty then, you said charcoal black Correct?”

“Well Yes I did, why do you have white cloth if your going to make black clothing?”

“Well I have to dye it don’t I?”

“Oh, well I suppose that makes sense.”

“Yep, that’s all lad. Ok, now imagine the color that you want.”

“Ok.”

“And now is the color in your head?”

“Yes it is.”

“Ok, now just kepp that color in your head, OK?”

“Ok, I will.”

Μεταφορά στο εθνικό δίκαιο

“Ok, You can Open your Eyes now Gabriel”

“Wow, How did you do that!?”

“What do you mean?”

“How did you change the color?”

“Well I dyed it of course?”

“How, you didn’t get any dye?”

“Young lad where did you say you came from?”

“I came from Hollows Grove.”

“So, boy they did have majic where you lived right?”

“I never knew such a thing existed.”

“Well, I suppose you do now.”

From that moment forth Gabriel knew majic, but he did not know even close to what it truly was, for he would soon learn more about majic than maybe even he wanted to.

 

Please give feedback to this Email…… [email protected]

Also, if you give me a good idea, I will probably reply and ask for explanation, or tell you that I am going to include your idea, but may add modifications.



© 2014 Loven Epic


Author's Note

Loven Epic
Please Post Feedback Here and At [email protected]

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

it sounds good so far you should write more of it.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

221 Views
1 Review
Added on January 29, 2014
Last Updated on February 5, 2014


Author

Loven Epic
Loven Epic

Kyle, TX



Writing
Λεπίδα του �™ασιλιά (O Vasil Lepida) Λεπ^..

A Poem by Loven Epic