Just A Small Nap

Just A Small Nap

A Story by L.P.
"

In the year 1992, twenty one year old Bruce Walker, takes a nap and suspects it to be a little one. But, he gets caught by surprised when he sleeps for over twenty years!

"

It was 1992 and Twenty-one year old, Bruce Walker just got home from work; he worked as a construction worker. He’s 5’8; white skin, brownish black hair, and blue eyes. He had to work extra hours. It was twelve in the morning. Bruce was so happy getting to his house, but he was exhausted at the same time. He was so exhausted that he forgot his keys at work. He got out of his car, locked the door, and went into the backyard. Behind the fence in his backyard, was a decent sized forest. He placed a hammock in the middle of the forest. It was just a quiet place for himself, despite the fact that he lives all by himself. Anyway, he went into the forest and found his hammock. He said to himself, “Just for the night.” Bruce crawled up into the hammock, closed his eyes, and fell asleep.


Bruce woke up and felt really weak. He got out of the hammock and started stumbling towards his house. Unfortunately, Bruce ended up passing out in his backyard. After a few minutes, he woke up in his kitchen.


A woman came downstairs and saw Bruce awake. She sighed in relief, “Oh, thank god you’re okay.”


The first thing he noticed was that the woman’s hair was extremely flat. Usually he saw women having a lot of volume to their hair, but it didn’t mean much to him. He thought it was pretty awkward seeing girls with big hair. She looked about 5’1; she has olive skin, her hair is a dark brown, and green eyes. She sat down beside him and asked, “Are you okay?”

He nodded to her. Bruce asked, “How long was I out?”


“A few hours,” the women explained. She asked, “What’s your name?”


“Bruce Walker. What about you?” He asked. She replied, “Suzette Parker.” 

Another girl came down; she was wearing shorts that if she bent down you’d see her butt. She has the same color skin as her mother, blond hair, and gray eyes. Bruce whispered, “Her shorts are a little too short, don’t you think?”


Suzette turned around and scoffed, “Yeah, I know. I said it was fine as long as she’s not around boys. By the way, her name is Lindsay.”


The thought of girls wearing something like that made him laugh. Lindsay looked at her mother confusingly. Suzette just shrugged. Lindsay asked, “What’s so funny?”


Bruce explained, “I just think what she said is crazy. That’s as crazy as having a black president.”


The two were silent. The mother giggled, “Actually...”


Bruce just shook his head. He asked, “What year is it?”


They both said, “It’s 2012.”


He ended up passing out again. The two looked at each other again. Lindsay just laughed, “You’re the one who wanted to make sure he was fine, I said let’s take him to rehab but no one listens to me.” 


With that, she left the house. Suzette looked at Bruce and shook her head. She felt bad for him. “He must be delusional. I mean, he doesn’t even know what year it is. Maybe I can do something that’ll help him. It might just jog his memory.”


She nudged his shoulder and whispered, “Bruce? Are you alright?”


His eyes slowly opened. He groaned loudly. “No! I don’t want to be he-” He stopped for and looked at Suzette. He said, “Wait a minute. What are you doing in my house?”


“What are you talking about? I live here,” She corrected. He shook his head and informed, “No, I bought this house in 1992. August 12, 1992.”


“Then you must’ve moved; this house was empty when we moved in. They say the person got evicted on January 10, 1993,” She replied. Bruce thought back a little. His eyes widened. He doesn’t even remember celebrating New Years. He doesn’t even remember celebrating Christmas! He got up and looked at a mirror. He looked older. He shook his head in disbelief. Bruce asked, “You said it was 2012, right?”


“That’s right.”


“Oh my god, I don’t wanna believe it!” He exclaimed, while rubbing his forehead. She got up and went by his side. She asked, “What’s wrong?”


He looked at her and said, “I know you are gonna think I’m crazy, but I think I fell asleep for twenty years.”


She only looked at him for one second, before running up the stairs. He shouted, “Wait! Come back! God d****t!”

© 2012 L.P.


Author's Note

L.P.
Is my writing okay? Are there any errors what-so-ever? Please don't be too harsh, this is my first time writing a real story.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Your writing is excellent for a first time writer. I enjoyed the concept a lot. Have you considered expanding it?

Posted 11 Years Ago


L.P.

11 Years Ago

Yes i actually am thinking about expanding the story. Of course, i have to make sure people like it .. read more
KaitlynShay

11 Years Ago

Of course. I think you're onto a good concept. Maybe if you started by giving Bruce a bit me backgro.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

120 Views
1 Review
Added on November 18, 2012
Last Updated on November 18, 2012
Tags: Rip Van Winkle, Twenty years, Bruce

Author

L.P.
L.P.

VA Beach, VA



About
There's not much to say about me, I first got into writing when I saw that people were doing it online. It looked like it was a lot of fun, and I still think it's fun. All that i'm hoping is that othe.. more..