Lips of an Angel

Lips of an Angel

A Poem by xkonstantine125x
"

Letting go isn't easy, but sometimes it is a must.

"
Tonight I miss you, my heart and soul long for you.
There is nothing that can reduce this nostalgic emotion. I’ll never forget the way you walked away and left with no remorse or hesitation.
You smiled when you left like you were freed from a prison-like life.
I never knew that watching you walk away was watching my world crumble altogether.
I try to find consoling words for my battered soul, but come up empty handed and broken.
Life should not be this way, but it is and I can’t seem to find the reason as to why.
Life is meant to be lived not meant to wonder.
 I could hardly comprehend what I feel now explaining it in words is something highly difficult almost impossible, so I’ll try my best.
Being with you was luminous almost surreal. I waited for you a thousand lifes.
I’ll wait a thousand more to have you once again.
You captivated my being with a smile and stole my heart with your eyes.
I never knew the day we met, that you would be the person who would change my life in the biggest way.
I never knew a hug could mean so much, and that goodbye could be so deadly.
The greatest poets and romantics couldn’t pull any words to describe how you paralyze my heart with your voice.

© 2011 xkonstantine125x


Author's Note

xkonstantine125x
Just something i jotted. Might work on it later.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

154 Views
Added on September 1, 2011
Last Updated on September 1, 2011

Author

xkonstantine125x
xkonstantine125x

Riverside, CA



About
I hope when you kiss him you don't pretend it's me. I hope when he holds you, my scent doesn't strike a cord in your mind. I hope when he looks at you, you don't see my green eyes. Finally I hope, .. more..

Writing