My Love

My Love

A Poem by Louise

I thought I loved you,

when each day was filled with you. Laughing with you. Walking with you. Exploring with you. Being with you.


The days when I thought I loved you,

I used to wait for you to call me. Wait for you to text me. I used to wait for you. I was waiting for you.


When I knew I shouldn’t love you,

I would look at you look at someone else. I would think of you in a way that I knew you would never think of me.


The day I thought I lost you,

You were there with me. Watching me. Holding me. Begging me to stay with you. It was the day you lost hope in me.


When I realised there were no love within you,

was when I looked into your eyes for the last time and saw no love. Saw nothing but your guilt filling up your tears. And there I was in peace, because I knew that it was never your love that had to fix me.


The day I loved myself,

Was when I saw you in the hallway with someone else and felt nothing. It was when I looked in the mirror and saw myself for who I was, ang not who I were. The day when I would be pleased to be with myself. With my family. With my friends. And see you for who you were.


I knew I loved myself,

when each day was filled with me. Laughing with my voice. Walking with myself. Appreciating myself. Loving me.

 

 

© 2024 Louise


Author's Note

Louise
My first poem published online! What do you think?

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

51 Views
Added on April 19, 2024
Last Updated on April 19, 2024
Tags: Love, lose, hope, live

Author

Louise
Louise

France