The History of the Swamplands - Granks Towers

The History of the Swamplands - Granks Towers

A Chapter by Lord Kriv
"

The Swamplands - Chapter 1 of Granks Towers. Granks Towers allow the reader background information on the setting of ASoC before the first chapter of the book is released.

"
Chapter I
The Swamplands 

Narration by Grank "The Old" of the Towers

Today the Swamplands are known for their worship of the Mud and Sunken Gods.
The kingdoms population is unclear due to the size and terrain of the Swamplands however the Swamplands may be able to raise 10-15k in times of war but due to the mud, swamps, and humid temperature this can prove quite hard.
It is said that the lands of the Swamplands move periodically. 
This has yet to be proven by great minds of Granks Tower or any other thinkers of the world who deem the subject worthy enough to study.
In the early years the Swamplands was filled with crowns. 
Men constantly fighting for one, stealing them, however, most married into power. 
The Swamped Kings of the Swamplands are the best examples of this. 
You see, the Swamplands had many small lords, each trying to subjugate the other. The only problem with this is... well... The Swamplands are swamps, so leading a well supplied army through swamps is almost impossible. 
Small lords attacking each other would learn this quickly and began uniting through marriage. 
These marriages would go on for some time, houses becoming stronger and stronger, gaining more vassals and lands. 
Any foreign invaders we're quickly dealt with by the united lords and within a thousand years the Swamplands would be united under one singular banner of House Mire.
However war was a necessary in uniting the Kingdom completely. 
Some lords did not want to become vassals and preferred independence instead. 
Due to this the Mud Wars would begin around 1360-1366 B.X. with small houses refusing to join the Kingdom of the Swamps, most notably House Firr and Wotmud. But this was no longer the days of old in which armies were small and the ways or tactics of war were unknown, much was known on how to march a sizeable army through swamps and soon the Houses that refused to join would be swallowed into the swamps...
In the words of House Mire, "The Swamp Swallows All..."


© 2018 Lord Kriv


Author's Note

Lord Kriv
This is the history of the Swamplands read to you by Grank "the Old" of the Towers.
This is the first "History Book" for "A Sea of Crowns" to allow readers to understand the culture and religions behind many of the regionskingdoms. More will be told of these interesting lands in the first chapter of ASoC.

Any grammatical mistakes should be reported in the comments.
Granks Towers is meant to inform readers of the lands of ASoC when the first chapter soon releases on 8/7/18. Other regions will be decided soon.
Thank you for reading.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

57 Views
Added on May 28, 2018
Last Updated on July 30, 2018
Tags: Towers, Grank, ASoC, History


Author

Lord Kriv
Lord Kriv

Canada



About
Lord Kriv Currently working on A Sea of Crowns, a fictional novel. Currently "Granks Towers" tells of slight lore of the kingdomsregions that will be shown in the novel. Creator & Owner of "King.. more..

Writing