Haven

Haven

A Chapter by Lolita Belldandy

Rayne felt like she was going to explode. Her chest was burning and she was losing her breath running for what seemed like an hour now. She ducked into an alley and caught her breath as a bunch of insane kids ran by. "DAMN KIDS!" She screamed despite her lack of breath.

 

Malik heard her shouting from his hiding place and yelped. She was going to hurt him, he knew. She sounded so mean and angry at him. She was going to come a hurt him. He started to cry and wail.

 

Quietly, a stronger male heard the wailing from some distance. Malik must've gotten scared from a passing person with too loud of a voice again. Sighing he leapt up on a rood and headed towards the boy.

 

She could sense she wasn't alone. Rayne sank to the mucky alley floor. Her keen senses told her something was quivering in a corner; she shrugged it off and leaned her head back. her brown leather knee high boots crossed in front of her. She stared at the sky.

 

The alley was unsteady. Despite herself, Rayne got up and went to a corner where she found a small boy laying. "Hey." she said bending down to his height. She tried to sound as nice; she hated that word; as possible because of her former 'episode'.

 

 

The boy only looked at her with wide eyes, and then started to cry more. He tried to hide in his little corner, his single blue wing trying to protect himself and he placed his hands on his head, shaking uncontrollably.

 

Drako came now, seeing the woman. "Hey, whattya want with him?" he snarled, landing between her and Malik.

 

Malik of course ran to Drako, hugging him and crying softly on the older demon's dirty red sweatshirt.

Rayne stared shocked at the person who stood right in front of her between the helpless boy and her care. She glared at him. "What's it to you?" she watched as the little boy cried on the man's shirt. She took it as they already knew each other.

 

Rayne was tired and exhausted and her eyes started to glaze red in anger. "I heard crying in the corner and thought I must've scared him." She dusted off her mini skirt and turned around starting to walk away. This just wasn't her day

 

Drako chuckled. "'Course 'e's scared. N' Ol' Hag like yew wud scare 'nyone" He commented, patting the boys head affectionately. "Much less 'im." He laughed again, loud and obnoxious. Boy was he drunk, a bottle of beer in his hand. He took another swing at his bottle.

 

Malik looked at her walk away with scared eyes. She wanted to hurt him, he knew it. Thank goodness Drako was here or she would've hurt him...

 

Rayne stopped in her tracks and turned on her heel. She stared Drako with fierce eyes. The red glaze before wasn't because she was getting tired or because she was exhausted, it was because she was getting mad. And right now she was getting pissed, no Furious. "What did you call me?" she stared at man down. Rayne's brown eyes glowed her almost demon forms bright red. She shot a burst of magic from her hand and it flew across the alley and hit the beer bottle, knocking it from Drako's hand and shattering it on the floor.

 

Rayne stepped forward. "A*****e, WHAT did you Call me?"

 

" A hag. Whut'ya gonna make o' it?" Drako mused, grinning as he held the boy close to him. "If you do anything to me, you're gonna scar the boy worse than he already is. He's ready to snap and go completely off the edge of sanity." His grin widened as he patted the boy." If you wanna fight, bring it." He licked the claw that held his alcohol. "But I want you to pay for another beer later."

 

Malik looked at her with terrified eyes. What did she want with Drako? What if she decided to make Drako her prey?

The magic surged through Rayne's veins and she reached down and pulled a dagger from her boots. The kid! The thought screamed in her head and her eyes widened. It was bad enough she had gotten chased by a bunch on angry little gits but then she ducked into an not-so-empty alley and scared a little boy out of hit wits by yelling, the anger issues she had. "F**k." she whispered under her breath as the atmosphere calmed around her and the magic faded away. Rayne tucked the dagger back into her boots and crossed her hands. "I'm sorry kid." she said sweetly, shaking her head. She turned and headed out the alley. "Psh, Get your own beer." Rayne said behind her smirking

 

Malik whispered nodded rather shakily, hugging Drako harder.

 

Drako took the boy in his arms. "Hey I paid good money for the booze. IT was good booze too. You better pay it back." He snarled, following her and her magical powers. "C'mon, c'mon." He laughed, losing his slurred speech as he quickly recovered from his incredible drunken state and returning to his normal slightly drunken state. "Show the kid you're an evil hag." He laughed and stoked the boy's hair, following her.

 

Rayne noticed Drako was following her. I can't believe it this creton’s ACTUALLY following me. She stopped at the corner and leaned on a stop sign. "I am not a hag. You'd be pretty irritated if a couple of weird kids were chasing you too, now wouldn't you?" she eyed him. "So stop making me look bad in front of the little kid. And I will NOT buy you that beer"

 

"You broke it." Drako muttered. "As a good person would, you should buy me another one? Or do you want to look like a mean grouch? Do you want to show the poor boy that there are even more people to fear?" He asked, still keeping his knowing grin.

 

Malik whimpered, hugging Drako and looking at her with wide eyes again.

 

Rayne stared at the little boy's puppy face and wide eyes. She felt like just walking away and having nothing to do with the little boy or his jerk guardian. She kneeled down to the boy's height. "You're lucky you're with someone so cute" Rayne said not exactly addressing who she was talking to and ruffling the boy's hair. "Fine." she said standing up and rolling her eyes. "I'll get you your da--your beer." she had to watch her mouth. "Where to?"

 

Malik shrank away, whimpering in fear as she touched him and clinging onto Drako for dear life.

 

Drako sighed. "So, don't touch him. He's completely terrified of everything but me. Besides, you probably scared him half to death already. Touch him would make him fear ya more." He kept the boy close to his revealed chest and grinned. "Ok, let's go get us some booze. IT was in the pub as the other side of the block."

 

 



© 2008 Lolita Belldandy


Author's Note

Lolita Belldandy
make editing easier for me...point out my grammar/spelling errors. I haven't quite had time to Grammar nazi many of the pages

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

59 Views
Added on March 19, 2008


Author

Lolita Belldandy
Lolita Belldandy

Auburn, GA



About
I can put a mole of words on paper. But I will never be able to write a hundred a million that begin to explain myself... more..

Writing