The book

The book

A Poem by Lola_Bee

 

And so they fall into all the lines that existed before them

All that has gone, all that has arrived, all that is to be

Is all that I ever get to see

 

One line, two lines, they all sound the same

Back and forth I am always the one to blame

Read these blank pages or

Fill them with ink

Write my name in shame then read aloud before I sink

 

For my dreams are not written, nor immortalized

None on this paper to realize or analyze

Hidden, for some poor souls would never discover

This book unlike any other, has too many pages to uncover

 

Those who choose to read without unconditional acceptance

will never see the true meaning of each sentence



© 2018 Lola_Bee


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

i agree..we are not "open books" are we ... we are much better at protective hiding ...and as i think about it ..it is probably something that is necessary as we encounter so many people each and every day ... it is a very special thing to have a true friend ...i also thought about one's diary or journal .. deeply personal and rarely shared .. or one's secret poetry ..never written..just whispered into the winds and ether ... really fine pic to go with your poem as well..
E.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

We are lucky when someone allow us to read their words. Few share real words and life. We are lucky to be able to read the ancient writers words on love, life and war. I enjoyed your words and thoughts. Thank you for sharing the excellent poetry.
Coyote

Posted 6 Years Ago


Never judge a book by its cover- turn the page read the next chapter ... look deeper than the outer cover- wonderful🌹

Posted 6 Years Ago


Love this magical image and poem. Love how it starts with “And”- as though it is part of a conversation already begun with the poet. Eloquent language and profound theme comparing the poet’s words to her life and dreams. She is a many-paged book waiting to be read with “unconditional acceptance”....Great form, flow, imagery, metaphor, cadence and rhyme. Excellent work.

Posted 6 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
.
I can relate to the "hidden" meaning behind this piece.....

Our lives do, in this day and age, appear as being like the open pages of a book; "characters" come and go from our storyline, "readers" analyse our tale within, but it is only the true at heart, who is invested fully in our story, who will discover the true meaning written between the lines of our book.

A very smartly written and expressed piece of writing, LB. It is always good to keep some unwritten or unread pages to ourselves. To be shared only with those who truly matter. A fine write.

Posted 6 Years Ago


i agree..we are not "open books" are we ... we are much better at protective hiding ...and as i think about it ..it is probably something that is necessary as we encounter so many people each and every day ... it is a very special thing to have a true friend ...i also thought about one's diary or journal .. deeply personal and rarely shared .. or one's secret poetry ..never written..just whispered into the winds and ether ... really fine pic to go with your poem as well..
E.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

The deeper sense and thought that has gone into this poem is truly remarkable.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

359 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 25, 2018
Last Updated on January 25, 2018

Author

Lola_Bee
Lola_Bee

Cape Town, South Africa



About
just a young soul wondering through the authenticity of Life and the love, hope & trouble accompanied by it. more..

Writing
SHADOW SHADOW

A Poem by Lola_Bee


I'm a Mess I'm a Mess

A Poem by Lola_Bee


Untangled Untangled

A Poem by Lola_Bee



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


the seed the seed

A Poem by lightsong