Chapter 4-Ambassador in action

Chapter 4-Ambassador in action

A Chapter by Rebecca

They eventually landed in Csilla. The prime minister had a sour expression on his face, but accepted them in his mansion. His wife, a very charming, tall woman, with chest-long hair, which were dyed blond gave both of them a warm welcome, unlike the temperature of the planet. She was taller than Starina, who thought she could have been an intergalactic beauty queen at some point in her life. All of them walked into the dining hall to dine, much like how all ambassadors were doing.


Starina wasn't pleased at the food. She recalled Rebeth's food and wondered what mr.Cryl would cook and if his cooking was as good as Rebeth's. Honestly though Rebeth would never believe that there was a chance that she'd cook better than Cryl, but either way she'd be so happy to know that her cooking was equally as good as Cryl's.


“So, ambassador Natas, what brings you here ?” asked the Chiss prime minister.


“Honey, to be that nosy, let the chit chat after we are done with the food.” said his wife with a sweet smile. Her husband shot her a glare.


“It's my job, Dara.” he said and Sura wiped his mouth carefully.


“Well, we are here to warm up the relation of Csilla and Tatooine.” he said and decided to get on more bite.


“Why now ?” asked the prime minister. His wife stabilized her head on her palm as her arm was on the table. Sura was speechless he had to find a reason.


“Because the Hutts of Tatooine are selling crystals from Csilla to the Resistance.” said Starina. Sura felt relieved that she came up with such an excuse. She took a swig of the wine before her.


“Is that so, ms Natas ?” asked the prime minister.


“Of course.” said Starina with another swig.


“Last time I know, the jedi are extinct. So what do the resistance need the crystals for ? No one uses lightsabers anymore.” he said. He was getting suspicious.


“Not really. According to a report from our spy, the Resistance are capturing Force-sensitive clones that belong to the First Order and turn them against them.” said Starina with a confident smile this time. Inwardly she was wondering how she had become such a good and convincing liar. She read Sura's mind. He was thankful and he was admiring her. He had resumed eating.


“And you came here to see the mines I guess.” said the prime minister and got some more salad. There was silence. Starina waited for Sura to speak.


“Yes. Exactly.” said Sura and wiped his mouth again and took a sip of wine.


“Fair enough.” he said plainly. He seemed pleased with that answer. Starina noticed that he was now off his guard and he was trusting them. “Tomorrow, if you don't mind. You should rest.” he said and nodded.


TOMORROW MORNING...


Sura and Starina had woken up and were getting dress. The hotel, the prime minister had booked them to stay was very luxurious. They were in a beautiful suite with two rooms, so Sura and Starina didn't have to hide in the bathroom to get dressed. Starina was dressed in her usual outfit. Black coat, a white blouse with blue stripes, her semi-transparent, black skirt, under which she was wearing black tights and her knee-high, synthetic leather, black boots. She combed her hair as always. Rebeth was always parting her hair to the right. Starina even from past holograms of her, to the left. After they were both dressed, they got out of the hotel. The prime minister had hired a guide to take them to the mines. They soon gone there and Starina gapped in awe.


“Look all these crystals.” she said with a huge grin. The guide, a thin, elegant and tall female chiss, had eyes that looked as if she had very high blood pressure. Her eyes were unusually red. She grinned also.


“All of the chiss take pride in these caves and absolutely love them. The pink crystals work as a tranquilizer. We have projectors that reflect pink color to these that suffer by insomnia. Works on both children and adults.” she clarified and Starina had to admit, she was feeling her head going numb and she could lay anywhere to take a nap...if it wasn't that cold.


They continued the tour, till they reached a large chamber with an enormous crystal. The guide showed them with a smile.


“This used to be a shrine. What the ancient chiss were worshiping, because it both has tranquilizing and healing properties.” she explained them. Starina walked forwards as if she was hypnotized. She wanted to touch that beautiful, glistering, crystal. However, she was also feeling an overwhelming power. She could do anything. Even raise that very crystal.


“Well, here's where our tour ends.” she said and smiled. They then all walked out of the cave and they headed back to the hotel. Sura said he wanted to change into something more comfortable. Starina noticed him walking out of his room with a glass of a double Corellian whiskey and he was bare-chested. He downed it all at once. Starina stood still out of fear. Drunk and half-naked.


“Starina...” he called and sat on her bed with a sigh. He looked less dangerous now, but there was no need for her to be afraid of him. “I don't feel well.” he said and looked into her eyes. “My back feels hurt. As if I stressed it a lot.” he said. Starina told him to turn around and she noticed burns and a large, diagonal scar from his left shoulder to his right waist. Starina pitied him and sat next to him, facing him. She brushed his hair with her fingers. She noticed his sideburns. He really did look good. Starina inwardly was thinking that whoever was his lover, would be totally not like her. He was out of her league. She had zero self-confidence, much like Rebeth. Ever since Starina and Rebeth met, they both related to that issue.


“What ? Is my back ok ?” asked Sura tiredly.


“There are burn marks and a scar...” she was saying, but he interrupted her.


“Burn marks ?” he asked. He knew of his scar, it was from a landspeeder accident as one had crashed on the back of his.


“Yeah, but unlike burn marks, I can see something white there.” said Starina.


“My bones are exposed ? Oh Stars !”


“I don't think so. They shine. They must be crystal shards.”


“Mind removing them ?”

“It will hurt and I'm not a doctor. I'll get a droid.” Starina loved having the last word in a conversation. Sura just made himself comfortable on the bed, with his back facing the ceiling. Starina returned scared. “What's wrong ?” asked Sura.


“I had a vision. We need to leave. These on your back are indeed crystals. We need to head back to D'Qar. In my vision there was the prime minister and the guide. She...she must be a spy.” she said with a blank stare.


“Blast it.” spat Sura angrily and got his casual clothing. “Quickly.” he said and the two of them left quickly heading back to the starship.


BACK TO D'QAR...


Starina had just landed the shuttle. The door opened and it was night.


“Do you think Beth will be asleep ?” asked Starina wondering if she should report the news.


“Well, we could try.” said Sura. The two of them entered the room with the banqs of Rebeth and Cryl in the Resistance base. Luckily they were covered with soft, yet thick and warm blankets. Cryl had his eyes closed, but he was awake.


“What do you want ?” he asked.


“We just returned from Csilla.” said Sura. Cryl stretched and bent on the bed, then with sleepy eyes he looked at them.


“So, how are things there ?” he asked and Sura sat besides him on his banq, as Starina had approached Rebeth and noticed her sleeping with a smile on her features. Starina was thinking she was happy that she had reunited after so many years with her husband. She had lied that it's only been a decade, it was 13 years.


“So, these crystals empower, hypnotize and burn. Somehow I realized that there are some crystal shards in my back and they hurt as hell. I feel so rusty. I can barely use my shoulders.” he said. Cryl smiled.


“I'll take care of them.” said Cryl. He closed his eyes, his hands had a green glow and he heard few shards falling on the floor and he had healed Sura's back.


“Goodness, that feels great ! My thanks, Cryl.” he said with a beautiful grin.


“Your thanks ? How does that work exactly ?” said Cryl sarcastically. It was usually Rebeth making these smartass remarks. Sura rolled his eyes. “Anyways, do you think that they give these crystals to the clones ?” asked Cryl.


“Of course. The cave was almost empty at parts.” said Sura and Cryl scratched his beard. Sura continued. “Starina suggested that we go to Kamino.” Sura finished his report.


“No, not Kamino...ah, I have no alternative.” said Cryl.


“What should we do ?” asked Sura.


“Wake up Rebeth ?” suggested Cryl unsure.


“Don't you have an opinion on your own ?” asked Sura.


“Well, we need to stop them somehow. So we either have to destroy the crystals, destroy the clones or infiltrate the First Order.” said Cryl. Sura walked to the other side of the room and noticed Starina smiling that her master was sleeping with a smile.


“Got a plan ?” asked Sura.


“I haven't thought about it yet.” she replied.


“Well, me and Cryl brainstormed that we should either destroy the clones or the crystals or we infiltrate the First Order.” said Sura and let Starina think about it.


“I suggest that we should sleep now and decide tomorrow...” Starina was saying.


“No ! We need to take a course of actions now.” said Sura.


“Fine, let's clear things out then. We don't need to infiltrate the First Orders, since we know both were the clones are and where the shards come from and their abilities.” said Starina.


“Ok, no infiltration.” said Sura and let tried to think of an idea himself. “Got it ! We go to destroy the mines, then we tell General Organa about Kamino.” said Sura with a smile.


“Sounds like a plan. Let's do these tomorrow morning, shall we ?” asked Starina with a pretty grin herself. The two of them headed to their own banqs in the Resistance base to sleep.



© 2016 Rebecca


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

104 Views
Added on January 5, 2016
Last Updated on January 5, 2016
Tags: Cryl, Vria, Rebeth Lauranna Sunwatcher, Starina Eseva, Star Wars, The Force Awakens, Ara, Sura


Author

Rebecca
Rebecca

Athens, Attica, Greece



About
Hello, I'm Revekka :) I moved from deviantart to this lovely site, simply because the site was beyond annoying including the community. I'm sure I will enjoy my stay here. more..

Writing