Chapter 3-The Force source

Chapter 3-The Force source

A Chapter by Rebecca

Starina went back to the Imperial facilities by Force-jumping and Force-dashing so that no one would see her. Another skill Rebeth hadn't taught her was Force-cloak, but Starina didn't mind. She could do it as Rebeth was saying “Old school style”. Rebeth was calling Force-cloak that because Salina, her master, taught her that ability after she applied her for the Imperial Academy.


As far as Starina could see, there were fires coming from that narrow room and thus all ATATs were on alert. She Force-dashed some more and she was at the ground floor. She looked around for a small first aid kit. Eventually she found one and noticed a small bottle of a blue powder with shining abilities. If she was finding that at a beauty parlor and not in a test tube, she'd think it was just a nail polish, but she also felt a strong appeal to it. She closed her eyes and tried to feel it in the Force and yet she did. She opened her eyes with a lost expression on her face. She recalled the scientist saying something about radio-isotopes. Was that glittery, blue substance, radiation ? She didn't think much about it. The one reason she picked it up was that whatever it was it wouldn't harm her, because radiation causes deaths and mutations, while that was a part of the Force. Starina headed back to where she had left Sura, who was soundly asleep. Starina laid back against a tree and looked at that test tube as it was night.


THE NEXT DAY...


Sura woke up at 4 o clock after midnight due to the pain getting more intense and all he saw when he turned his face to Starina's side, he just saw her staring at that small vial as if she was hypnotized. Subconsciously he would agree; it was hypnotizing, but he still had his sanity to keep him awake and the pain in his leg.


“Starina...” he was saying calling her name tiredly as he unbuttoned his shirt exposing his tanned body, which was perfectly contrasting his blond hair. “Starina...” he called again. She still didn't feel his presence by his side, to her there was only that vial. He moved his hand and knocked the vial off her hand to attract her attention. She shot him a glare. “Starina...I'm burning.” he said. Starina goggled her eyes as she realized that his would probably got infected and he'd probably get a cybernetic. She had to admit that she hated cybernetics. Some of the nerves of her left hand had been cut off after an landspeeder accident and she had to replace them with cybernetic ones (few of them only) but she couldn't feel slippery substances well, like oil, soap, alchohol and wax. She really hated that, especially that feeling someone gets when they dip their fingers in molten wax.


“Ah...ok, just give me a moment.” said Starina and slipped the test tube in her coat's pocket. She then turned her back to him. Sura got hold of her shoulders and then tried to remain there, but he was feeling heavy or light...he couldn't decide, that was always the issue with numbness. Soon enough, Starina got him on her back and tried to make her way back where their shuttle was. Luckily they reached it and soon they were back on the Resistance headquarters of D'Qar where Cryl told them they had for now defeated the First Order by destroying Starkiller base.


Night soon fell on that side of the planet and Starina followed Rebeth, Cryl and Vria in the shuttle. That's where they'd sleep. The three of them were so happy they reunited. As every family friend of theirs would recall, Cryl and Rebeth hadn't changed a bit. He kissed her many times, they hugged gently and Cryl was telling her sweet, little nothings. Vria was happy. So was Starina.


“Well, time to sleep. I'll sleep with my husband, if you don't mind me.” she said and gave Cryl a peck on the lips. He held her hand and guided her in the chamber they used to share and oh, what a great night they would have. There was no need for anything sexual and Rebeth was worried Cryl would die out of blood pressure, so she was just kissing him, sometimes passionately some others, they'd cuddle and who knows, there might be sex, if Cryl would convince her that his health was ok. Starina didn't know and never imagined Rebeth having sex. She lived like a lonewolf, like a hermit if she wasn't that involved with the Naboo royalties and the glamorous restaurant Cryl had left for her. So she just opened the door only to see Cryl and Rebeth naked kissing. They had probably just finished. Rebeth was commenting at how soft Cryl's beard was now in comparison with the rough beard he had when he was in his 40s when they had just married and Vria was still a teenager.


“Rebeth...” Starina called to attract her attention. When Rebeth and Cryl saw her they froze out of embarrassment. “Uh, regarding this vial...what would you say it is ?” said Starina and approached her to place the test tube on the metal night table next to the bed.


Both Rebeth and Cryl looked at the tube grinning out of pure joy. Rebeth speculated it was some sort of Force-sensitive creature.


“These are most likely to be midichlorians. How mesmerizing !” she said as on her face the light blue glow coming from the vial lit her face.


“Rebeth, don't be silly, mon amour. Midiclorians are smaller than cells. It's just the Force.” he said and his eyes glowed blue on their own. He looked young again, his head was covered with blond hair, which were glowing blue, his wrinkles were gone and his face was smooth as if he had just shaven. Rebeth was lost seeing her husband as she first met him on Alderaan. He knew she saw him and loved seeing him like that.


“Do you want to touch it ?” asked Cryl. Rebeth was barely keeping her emotions under control.


“No, keep it, Cryl. By the Force, I never witness anything else before. I don't want this moment to ever stop.” she said as tears were escaping her eyes of joy. Yes, it was her husband from ages ago, back when Cryl was 29 and she was 19. Cryl gripped her hand and placed the vial in her hand. Cryl's appearance changed to how he was, old, bald with wrinkles and a beard. Rebeth noticed her hair growing longer like how she was sporting them, when she was 19. They were bellow her shoulders and they were dark brown. She looked amazed into Cryl's dark brown eyes. Then she looked at Starina. She seemed worried.


“I found this on Siskeen. I wonder what the Empire is up for. Whatever it is, it must be dangerous. No one should mess with the Force.” she said in fear of what might happen.


“You found it in that mission with the Ambassador ?” asked Rebeth curiously.


“Don't worry, the Force, cannot get corrupt. The Force is neither good nor evil. Tens of thousands of years before our time. The Force sensitives back then were all together, but eventually some of them craved power and thus the Force Wars ensued. After that, the schism was created between the Je'daii and the Sith and ever since there was war. Therefore, the Force doesn't picks sides, the mind does and affects one's actions. If I am a Jedi and I kill another person, I do something that I did by the evil in my mind, not because the Dark Side of the Force told me to. Force is the energy the Force-sensitives use and Force-sensitives are the manifestation of the Force. It works both ways without picking a side.” he explained and then continued “And, now my head is numb. Am I driving crazy ? Did these I said make any sense ?” he said and closed his eyes.


“So what do we do ?” asked Starina.


“We will try to meditate around it and about it. We will find out where it comes from. With meditation come visions. Sleep for now. You will need it.” said Rebeth plainly and then yawned.


“See you tomorrow, Rebeth.” said Starina and headed to the last chamber in the ship for her to sleep.


THE NEXT DAY...


Starina visited the doctor in the resistance base where she had left Sura. His leg was back to normal and well-stitched. He was sleeping peacefully after the surgery and Starina meditated by his side. Sura was feeling better. Her Force-signature emanated a wave of happiness and calmness that woke him up. She felt that and opened her magnificent sky-blue eyes and she noticed a smile on his face.


“Good morning, Sura.” she said softly. He groaned and sat up on the bed. The doctor approached.


“Good morning, Starina.” he greet her.


“Good morning.” said the doctor cheerfully and filled in Starina. Then he left and Starina got a hologram of the Corulagi orchestra for him to listen. Sura hadn't heard that kind of musing anywhere in Tatooine, but Force knew how much he loved it. As he was travelling to Naboo, Coruscant, Corulag and Corellia he was enjoying all these lovely sounds. Classic music was his favorite. Too bad it was rare on Tatooine.


“How did you know I like that music ?” asked Sura. Starina's reply was to smile.


“I have my way figuring things out.” she said and blinked at him. “Anyways, remember that vial ?” she asked and her face got a serious expression.


“Yes, what's wrong with it ?” asked Sura worried.


“We must head to Kamino. Cryl got visions that what was in the vial was powder of Force-sensitive crystals from Csilla...” Starina was saying, but Sura interrupted her.


“Csilla. Oh Stars, I hate chiss. They are so self-righteous and snob. They are so annoying...to say the list.” he said.


“Well, we aren't going to Csilla, we are going to Kamino.” she said and he gulped.


“I'm not going on a planet overrun by Imperials and is entirely sea.” he said. Starina sighed.


“I suggest that you go to Kamino and I will go to Csilla.” he said.


“Ok, how about this ? I'll tell Cryl to tell General Organa about the Force-sensitive clones of Kamino and we go to Csilla to stop whoever is mining this powder.” she suggested. Sura nodded.


“Sounds like a plan. Give me some time to dress up.” he said and got up.


LATER...


Sura was looking at himself in the full body mirror. His medals were sparkling on his tuxedo and the silver epaulettes were sparkling just as much. Starina entered his shuttle and she was amazed at his formal clothes. She felt out of place.


“What's wrong, ms Eseva ? Do you not wish to join me ?” he asked with his most irresistible smile. Starina smiled.


“I' m not royalty, Sura. I can't be next to you as equal.” she said worried, but she laughed nervously.


“You will pretend to be my wife. That sounds good, doesn't it ? I even picked a dress for you.” he said and got a beautiful, soft pink dress for her. Starina gapped her mouth in joy.


“Oh my Force, how did you know that I always wanted a soft pink dress ?” she said and fell in his arms. He closed his eyes and inhaled her perfume.


“Is that Terant 5 ?” he asked


“How did you know ?” she asked as she broke the hug.


“Pss, I'm an ambassador. I know all expensive stuff that go around.” he said and winked.


“Your girlfriends, right ?” asked Starina.


“And fellow ambassadors, queens, princesses and my mother as well.” he said and offered his hand to Starina. “May I have this dance ?” he said and Starina touched his gloved hand.


“I only know how to dance waltz.” she said with an irresistible smile of her own.


“Well, I only know waltz as well.” he said and the two of them started dancing.


After a short while, they stopped dancings so that Starina would go to prepare herself for the dinner in Csilla.



© 2016 Rebecca


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

104 Views
Added on January 3, 2016
Last Updated on January 3, 2016
Tags: Cryl, Vria, Rebeth Lauranna Sunwatcher, Starina Eseva, Star Wars, The Force Awakens, Ara, Sura


Author

Rebecca
Rebecca

Athens, Attica, Greece



About
Hello, I'm Revekka :) I moved from deviantart to this lovely site, simply because the site was beyond annoying including the community. I'm sure I will enjoy my stay here. more..

Writing