Stupid Cupid

Stupid Cupid

A Chapter by Little Blue
"

Jessie's story.

"

Stupid Cupid

Whoever invented Valentine’s Day was either completely delusional or enjoyed seeing people in pain. Or both.

By the end of the day I wasn’t sure if I was more fed up with the tears, the whining, or the color pink and frilly hearts. Candy hearts came in a close second to all of the above, but in the case of the compacted sugar, at least it was food.

The only thing that even remotely got me through Valentine’s Day was an interesting tidbit I learned from Richie. Lyss and James had split the day before. This meant James might finally be back to his normal self and not love sick over some bubble-headed b***h.

Who used to be my best friend.

I snorted at the thought of it.

What had I been thinking?

I ran into James on the way out to the bus, and gave him a big smile. “James! How does freedom feel?”

He rolled his shoulders and stretched out his arms, “I don’t know, Jess. Freedom doesn’t feel so great.” What happened to you?

“Wait,” I took a moment to let what he said sink in, “what?”

He looked at me, and I thought I saw a rare hint of sadness in his eyes, “I kinda miss her. I don’t know about this breakup. It wasn’t what I wanted. We started fighting and-”

“And what?”

“Now she’s gone.” He ran a hand through his dark hair, “I need to talk to her. Maybe she’ll change her mind.”

We had been walking towards my bus, but I froze in my tracks, “Wait! She dumped you?” He nodded, but didn’t comment on what I had said.

“I’ll talk to you later, Jess.”

As quick as I had ran into him he was gone. Off to beg for her back. Valentine’s Day put stupid ideas in people’s heads. It was really quite pathetic how stupid people could be.

I walked towards the bus, keeping every unkind thought to myself as I passed by bubbling couples.



© 2011 Little Blue


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

i agree, valentines day is the worst, why only have one special day to tell someone you love them, shouldn't that be every day? and then it makes it tough on ppl who have no one. Hm, i wonder why lyss dumped him...

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

224 Views
1 Review
Added on July 10, 2011
Last Updated on July 10, 2011


Author

Little Blue
Little Blue

About
I am still a student in high school but I have a developing passion for writing. I write poetry daily and love working on my novels, most of which are half finished. I have lived in many places, but T.. more..

Writing
New Faces New Faces

A Chapter by Little Blue