A new friend.

A new friend.

A Chapter by Kayo
"

... Her silver eyes had a certain sparkle to them, which could draw you in and have you staring at them for hours...

"

The next day passed quite uneventfully for Lillith. She hadn't been woken up by Phyro thaat morning, and hadn't seen him all day, but she didn't mind. It meant she was free to sit by the side of the ship, watching the ocean and writing in her journal.

 

October 17, 2001.

The first two days of the trip weren't as bad as I expected. I've already made an aquaintance, a man called Phyro... I stayed up all night with him the day before yesterdy. I told him everything. I don't quite know why. I just felt... a connection to him, I guess. He told me about his childhood and his past. I told him of my quest for Clairessa.

Clairessa... it'll take another week or so until I'm off this ship and onto the ship to Niente, but at least that journey will only take three days.

Phyro showed me something yesterday, which made me think of mother... he showed me what I call his 'tricks'. He made a ball of fire and a bright ball of light appear in his hand by clicking his fingers. And he shimmered, like mother used to...

When I told him that mother had powers similar to his, he grew incredibly interested. He asked me to tell him about mother and I did. When I'd finished he asked about my father, then mumbled something about a 'human father', before saying he had to go and then shimmering. He didn't wake me up this morning as he did yesterday, and I haven't seen him since. I wonder where he could be? Maybe I'll see him later. I'm not holding my breath though... for now, I'm just going to watch the ocean and think about how we used to be... and try to figure out what Phyro meant when he said 'human father'.

 

She placed the cap back on her pen and closed her journal, then laid it on the deck beside her. She stared over at the ocean, ignoring the bustle of the other people on the deck. Her mind began it's usual wandering into the past when she felt something lightly tap her shoulder. She looked to the right of her to see another person from the cabin, a woman of around 20, also looking out to the ocean. She had dark brown hair, almost black, that reached down to her shoulders, and a slim figure. Her face was slender and thin, and her cheekbones were beautifully enhanced. Her silver eyes had a certain sparkle to them, which could draw you in and have you staring at them for hours.

 

"It's beautiful, isn't it?" She said. "I could stare at it for hours."

"Me too," Lillith agreed. She laughed slightly, "I often do."

"I know," the young girl said. "I've seen you." She turned to look to Lillith and stuck out her hand, "I'm Genevieve."

Lillith took her hand and shook it, "that's a lovely name. I'm Lillith."

"Nice to meet you, Lillith." Genevieve replied, breaking the handshake and turning back to the ocean.

"Nice to meet you too," Lillith replied, also turning back to the ocean.

"So," Genevieve started, "what brings you to Kiota?"

"Oh, uh, personal business, I guess." Lillith replied, "and you?"

"Visiting my grandma," Genevieve replied. "She's sick and I though I'd be nice."

"That sounds lovely," Lillith replied. "I hope she gets well soon."

"I don't. Personally, I can't wait until she kicks the bucket."

Lillith looked alarmingly over at Genevieve, "why?"

"Because of half the stuff she's put my family through," Genevieve answered plainly. "She's a manipulator and a dictator."

"Oh..." Lillith replied, "why go to visit her then?"

"Because I needed to get out of town for a while, that's the only place I could go." She replied. "I'm in a bit of trouble with the family, and we need a break."

 

"I see." Lillith stared down for a few moments. "You could come with me."

"Come with you where?" Genevieve asked.

"To Errol," Lillith replied. "I'm going to find a sorceress, Melinda. She's supposed to know where my sister is."

"You're looking for your sister?" Genevieve said.

"Yes," Lillith replied. "I haven't seen her in 8 years.. I-it's kind of complicated, I guess." She sighed, "I might explain it to you one day."

"Explain what?" Came a voice from behind them. They both turned to find Phyro standing there, smiling.
"About my sister," Lillith replied. "Genevieve might be coming with me to help find her. If you want to, that is." She added, turning to Genevieve.

Genevieve nodded enthusiastically, "I'd love to. It's better than going to see my grandma, at least."

"Are you sure?" Lillith asked. "We're going to be travelling a lot. It's going to get tiring at one point."

"I'm sure," She replied. "I want to come. I've always wanted to travel, it's just..."
"Your parents?" Lillith finished.

"Yeah, pretty much." Genevieve replied.

Phyro smiled, "well this is great, Lillith won't be alone now." He turned to Lillith, "Sorry I've been... gone so long. I had some stuff to attend to."

"It's fine," Lillith smiled. She looked up at the sky, which was now dark and specked with stars. "It's dark already? Time certainly has gone quite fast..."

"Well, we have been stood here for a while," Genevieve replied. "And you were sat here watching the ocean for quite a long time."

"Good point," Lillith said, looking back towards the ocean. "Well, I think I'm going to head back into the cabin."

 

"I'll join you," Phyro offered.
"Me too!" Genevieve chipped in. "We can talk more about our travelling." She grinned, showing a set of pearly-white teeth, before leading the way down to the cabin. Lilltih followed quickly behind.

Phyro lingered on the deck for a few moments, looking up to the stars. He closed his eyes for a few seconds, before finally following Lillith and disappearing down below deck.



© 2010 Kayo


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

186 Views
Added on October 24, 2010
Last Updated on October 24, 2010


Author

Kayo
Kayo

United Kingdom



About
Hi I'm Rachel, I'm 14 and I love to write. I looked up this site after a friend reccommended it. I'm hoping that I'll fit in here and people will like what little work I have :D I hope one day to be a.. more..

Writing
Do you love me? Do you love me?

A Poem by Kayo


I'm sorry. I'm sorry.

A Poem by Kayo