Nov. 10, 2008

Nov. 10, 2008

A Story by Dice3

       She tried to act like nothing happened, really tried, but truth was she couldn't get those horrifying pictures out of her head. She was at a party, you're supposed to have fun, forget, be happy. She felt like such a party pooper when 3 innocent looking girls walked up to her and asked what was wrong, if it was guy problems. She left their company after an hour or so, she couldn't remember the time of night it was when she finally left. Her heart and soul felt burdened and that it was to much for her to bear.She walked instead of drove, she did have a few drinks and didn't trust herself to drive, unlike some of the other guests. While walking, she got a sence of peace and welcoming in the night. She felt more herself than she had at the party. She was walking around a sharp turn, and then she was suddenly blinded by light. She felt nothing, was too in shock to realize what just happened. She was vaguely aware of someone asking her is had had alcohol that night.

 

         He couldn't forget how fragile she looked in the hospital bed. Her dark brown hair, cut short above her chin, laying in a halo around her head. Tubes and monitors were hooked up to her, needles in her arm. He slightly remembered seeing her at the party and she looked tired, hurt, and scared. He remembered driving by a bunch of cop cars and ambulances on his way to the hotel. Saw the EMT's take her to the hospital and followed. No one came by to bring her flowers, or cards. It was just him. He felt sorrow well up in his chest, hadn't remembered the last few weeks, but when he saw her, his entire body reacted to help and comfort her. His heart felt heavy, burdened, but he didn't understand why. He had kept his distance that night, didn't want to fully understand what he felt. 

         She awoke to several beeps, the noise more than her sensitive ears could take. She tried to open her eyes, most difficult when they left like lead. Finally she was able to open them, the first thing she saw was a strangely handsome man, with more than a five o'clock shadow.  She lay there starring at him, starring at her, wide-eyed. After a minute or so, she started to panic- Who was this stranger in her room?!, Where was she?!, Who was She?!

           He starred at her perfect green eyes, thinking that she was quite beautiful at that moment, of awake and surprised. Then she started to sqirm, removing the needles in her arm- all the while sobbing- afraid, almost exstatic. He called for someone to help and three nurses came into the room, one with a half filled needle. He could tell they have done this more than once. After what seemed like an hour she finally calmed down then passed out, halfway on the bed, and halfway in the arms of this stranger. He felt scared for her, not knowing where you, or who you were was quite disorienting, he knew that from experience.

            She awoke a few hours later, but stayed calm, the stranger was still there but her memory was not. After a few minutes of silence, she asked "Who are you? and why are you here?

           "Those are two very good questions that I honestly don't have the answer to." He said sadly, in a low harmonic voice.

© 2011 Dice3


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

132 Views
Added on April 9, 2011
Last Updated on April 9, 2011

Author

Dice3
Dice3

Bakersfield, CA



About
I write my own short stories, my family loves to read them and are always wanting more. more..

Writing
To the Rescue To the Rescue

A Story by Dice3


Silence Silence

A Story by Dice3