Real imagination

Real imagination

A Story by Life_editor
"

The moment when your imagination becomes your reality.

"

I looked out my window, taking in all the fascinating colours of the flowers. Red, violet, white, they captured my attention for one specific reason. How I wish a

guy would hold a banquet of flowers like these and confess his love for me. “Is love magical like how books say it is? Do flowers dance as you kiss the man of your dreams under soft moonlight?” I once asked my friend who ended up rolling on the floor, laughing at my clichéd notions of romance. However, I don’t care what other people think.  I’ve been a bookworm all my life and have enough knowledge about love. I’m ready to be more practical now! At the age of 21, it’s time I experience the real thing.

 

I lied down on my bed and imagined myself in a beautiful forest with trees gently swaying, side-to-side. Rustling of the leaves made music while the man of my dreams stood right next to me, holding my hand. “Naomi, isn’t the weather so beautiful today?” he questioned gently with a deep and raspy voice. I agreed and turned to give ‘my man’ a smile but just stared at him in awe instead. He was stunning. His dark purple eyes with long eyelashes looked so charming. I could not get my eyes off him. His perfectly shaped nose and lips killed me inside bazillion times. All of a sudden, I could feel myself falling deeper and deeper into my wild imagination. I couldn’t tell whether this was my imagination or if this was reality. Everything suddenly seemed so real. I could actually smell the fresh leaves and feel the coolness of the wind. I tried to get my ‘sense of reality’ back but failed miserably. I was with my ‘imaginary boyfriend’ in my ‘imaginary planet’.

 

“Oh my gosh! I cannot believe this is happening right now.” I murmured to myself, trying my hardest to keep calm. My ‘imaginary’ boyfriend stared at me with amusement as I started to pinch myself really hard. “Are you okay?” he asked, a worried expression marking his face. I didn’t know how to feel; I should be happy to be having such a beautiful guy as my boyfriend but I shouldn’t be so happy because this is ALL MY IMAGINATION.

 

“You look so pale!” my ‘imaginary’ boyfriend exclaimed as he cupped his warm and soft hands on my cheek. His hands were so warm and felt so real that I literally jumped in shock. I needed to return to the real world. “Okay look, I may look crazy if I tell you this but I have to because I need to go back to the real world,” I confessed with my eyes closed just in case I get distracted by my ‘boyfriend’s charm. “The world you’re living in is all my imagination. The flowers, trees, birds, wind, and even you are part of my imagination. I created you. I imagined you as my boyfriend but you turned out to be better than what I imagined to be honest BUT that’s not my point. My point is that I have to snap back into the real world.” After my explanation, I slowly opened my eyes and realised that there were deep furrows creased on my ‘imaginary’ boyfriend’s forehead.

 

There was a long awkward silence until my ‘boyfriend’ took out his hand and said, “Hi, my name is Tyson. First of all, I’m still confused about your bizarre story but let me tell you what’s going on in your ‘imagination’.” I took his hands and he started smiling. Could he stop doing that? I’m actually going to fall in love with my own creation. “First of all, your name is Aless Gazmin. Secondly, we are deeply in love with each other. Thirdly, you are an amazing person.” He raised his brows and looked pleased with his summary. My face started to turn red. Did I make him say that? This is NOT good.

 

I started biting my nails, full of thoughts. Trying to figure out how to snap out of this imagination, I walked to and fro slowly. “Why can’t you just stay here with me? Why are you so desperate to go back to your real world?” Tyson asked cautiously. As I turned to reply, his two violet eyes seemed to hypnotise me. Maybe I could just live in my imagination like what he had just said? Why bother going back to the lonesome world? So many thoughts were zooming across my mind. Then, like a short, hair lifting electric shock, I realised that totally losing my sense of reality is unthinkable. Thus, I shook my head and went back on biting my half gone nails.

 

I lied down on the green grass and closed my eyes. Tyson lied down next to me and help my hands but I had to jerk his hand away. My heart felt like it was shattering like glass but I had to. This is all my imagination anyway. Tyson is just a non existent character which I have created. I started to picture myself in my own room, holding a Romeo and Juliet book on one hand and a bucket of chocolates on the other. Tyson’s voice turned into whispers and I knew it was working. I opened my eyes.

 

All of a sudden, Tyson started to fade away. My heart was aching so much that I couldn’t stand properly. It seemed as if I lost control of very single muscle in my body. My body started to shake uncontrollably. I looked around me; every plant started to wither and chirpings of the bird could not be heard anymore. I turned unconscious and fell to the ground.

 

When I opened my eyes, I realised that I was back in my room on my bed with my ‘Romeo and Juliet’ book and a bucket of chocolates next to me. My head was aching and there was a deep sense of sadness in me. Of course, I was relieved to be back into the real world and to become a normal human being again but somewhere deep down in my heart, I felt empty. I felt lonely. Thus, I decided to go for a walk to sort things out. As I approached a park, my heart seemed to stop. A beautiful human being was walking toward me with a puzzled look. My eyebrows made a big ‘V’ shape as I squinted my eyes to make sure that I wasn’t’ going deranged. The being was sauntering towards me. I gaped in astonishment. It was Tyson. I started to weep. I’ve spent with him for not more than an hour in my imagination but I loved him as if I’ve spent all my life with him. I cupped my hands on his rosy cheeks and said, “I missed you”.  His dark brown eyes were locked with mine and there was this connection that I’ve never had with anybody else. We are meant to be. Tyson drew me closer to him and hugged me tightly. I didn’t imagine this situation but he chose to hug me because he loves me. He’s not my imaginary creation but he is a real human being who I really adore and whom I will love to the end of my days. 

© 2014 Life_editor


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

157 Views
Added on July 12, 2014
Last Updated on July 12, 2014
Tags: romance, love, fiction, real, imagination

Author

Life_editor
Life_editor

Australia



About
Write. Edit. Finalise :) more..

Writing